M&P Base Opinions requested :)

Skiminims

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After trying several over the past few months, I prefer SFIC too. I buy the white and add my own goat's milk. I get it from LoneStar but they have it in the clearance section now so I am not sure if they are planning to stop selling it. I may have to find another supplier that's not too far from me.

I sell SFIC base on my site, so am in touch with the company pretty regularly. Not only have their prices gone up quite a bunch, making it nearly impossible to offer the bases at an attractive price, but the shipping costs have increased tremendously too. I am only about 400 miles away from them and the shipping to here is just crazy. Of course being a small business, I can't possibly order anywhere near the amount that those large guys can, but I would imagine that lots of companies have stopped carrying the bases because of the cost increases. I had to raise my prices recently and probably will have to again after my next order. I have tried so hard to keep them down too. I do know that they have awesome bases and I guess you get what you pay for.:smiley2:

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site and noticed I can finally post. :)

Personally I really like SFIC but don't get their low sweat type. It's wonderful but it doesn't last long. Now I use their regular (original, I get it from a Canadian supplier who calls it a different name) base of white and clear and love it.

I've tried Stephenson's but didn't like their ingredient list so went back to SFIC.

Don't know about the other brands though. One of the main reasons I like SFIC is their ingredient listing as I sell to a very informed market.

I use the ultra white base from WSP...I add coconut milk to the melted base...I think I will try Peak's base..Stay away from Candlewic's base..I bought it once to save $$ and it's horrible to work with..unmolded fine but the bubbling was ridiculous.

Ditto on Candlewics. Yuck! It also doesn't take liquid color well. I had spots on my soap. Plus the consistency changes from one batch to the next. They need to do something about their bases or buy from another manufacturer.

• 3 weeks later...