Hoping for Advice

Hi:smiley2:

I was searching the internet after deciding to try making my own candles and came across this board. I am hoping someone can help me as I'm not really (as yet) looking at my project as kind of art form:o I just go through so many candles, that I thought it may be more lucrative to have a go at making them myself. I'm not after anything fancy, just basic scented candles.

If anyone can give me any tips or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.:smiley2:

Thankyou

Tina

(Complete novice):smiley2:

Hi Tina, Welcome aboard. You've come to a great place for lots of candlemaking ideas (you may think that you only want plain, but just wait til you get started and see what other people are creating) and advice. If you click on the "Basic Instructions" button to the left of this page you'll find lots of helpful instructions for getting you started. Good luck. Mozz

Welcome to the board :)

You got some good advice there. Just wanted to add that you might want to do some research and reading here before you start. Making candles is definately and art form and very rewarding, as well as pull your hair out frustrating...lol. The lucrative part, not so much. If you want to make them for the love of candles, you have a head start. If you're trying to make money or make an even break, you have a long ways to go. If you want decent candles, supplies wont come cheap. And if they do come cheap, that will be the quality of your candles as well. :o This is an addictive and expensive hobby, but I love it! Good Luck.

Thankyou all for your replies, that was pretty quick:D

I will read through the board here before I do anything. And I believe it is something I will enjoy doing once I have the know how:)

How about suppliers, where do you guys buy the supplies?

I have been looking and there are so many sites it's hard to know where to start.:undecided

Thanks again for your replies,

Much appreciated

Tina:smiley2:

Also, the "Tips for Newbies" is a must to read. It's the top post in this section. It will help you along and answer a lot of question you'll have.

Welcome to the board.

Thankyou gerrie, yes there is alot of information here:)