Opinions please ....

Jokerjen

Wow, Jen! It's looking really good from here. I also want to say that you have a really nice variety of candles to offer, and your photography is absolutely wonderful. Good luck!

Hi I checked out your website its so Fresh and loads so fast even for us dial up people:laugh2:

Everything looks great except for a few spelling errors..I hope you don't mind..some times a fresh pair of eyes will find these...I can look at my website all day and never find an error until a friend checks it out for me and finds several...sent you a pm on where they are...

Great job...

Hugs Maggie

It looks really great! You have such a wide variety of products!

One thing though, since pretty much all of your photos have that blended out fade effect going on, but its blending out to white and your background is tan, maybe you could match the white areas to your tan background, so it would look more clean and precise. You can do this in paintshop/photoshop or any program like that. Hope that make sense. :smiley2:

It looks really great! You have such a wide variety of products!

One thing though, since pretty much all of your photos have that blended out fade effect going on, but its blending out to white and your background is tan, maybe you could match the white areas to your tan background, so it would look more clean and precise. You can do this in paintshop/photoshop or any program like that. Hope that make sense. :smiley2:

Yep, I agree.....right now I just want to get as many of the products up as I can so I can hopefully start getting some orders and then redo all my pics so that they blend and look better.:smiley2:

Cute site I did not like having to scroll either I also do not like that in the contact area that I have no way to e-mail you or phone. I noticed unless you add something to the cart you have no clue this is a Canadian site, that is one of the thing I look for when getting ready to add some thing to the cart. Where it coming from so I have an idea about shipping and time to get to me.

From the look of your products in the gallery, which are fantastic, I guess I was expecting something different. Your products are wonderful but don't match the graphics on your site, IMO. For all those ready to jump down my throat, I was expecting something more sophisticated, not the same ole played out country look.

When I first started making candles, I was doing mason jars and country/prim is big around these parts and is how I decorate in my home , there is a feel of country but with a flair!lol

My logo was custom designed a few years ago and I love it! People who buy my products know me by my logo and that is why the site is such.......

I thank everyone for their input and opinions and have made some changes already ..... I am using a template , so there are things that I will not be able to change, for one, I don't know what I'm really doing, just kind of fumbling along, but so far I think it is going well.....

I had in mind at one point to redo my logo ....does anyone remember Carmen's logo? (EB candles) I had wanted to veer towards that look but with a angel that had looked somewhat like me.... Only thing is, when I was looking, I found the prices for such a thing was not something I could afford. Even now I pinch pennies just so I can make an appearance on the web! :rolleyes2

And I do realize there are people who may not like country/prim .....but with the foodies and such I found it fitting.... everyone has their opinion.:cheesy2:

This is coming from someone who doesn't have a website yet, so you may want to take it with a grain of salt, but here's my comment.

The picture on the "Jars" page that shows three different sizes doesn't identify which jars are which size. I was trying to figure out what size the green one in the middle of the picture would be. I believe it said underneath the picture 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz and I assumed that might be assorted sizes of jelly jars but there's one "different" jar in the mix that might should be showcased separately. It looks like it might be around 8 oz to me (but that's because I have that size jar in 8 oz).

Good luck with your website.

Jane

I'd like to see more tease on your site, so in a quick overview ... (and I didn't go through the whole thing, but will) ... I'd like to see you tease me with one of your products instead of seeing the artwork. The power of visual is, well, powerful. And you know that ... I've seen your works from way back when (yesterday and the yesterday before etc.) and you have some of the best looking mighty lip-licking good realistic-looking stuff. Temptation. I just am not getting it from the site and it kind of lets me down a little when I finally get to click on the sins :)

Well shorten up or axe the prim art and stick one of your beauties on that front. Make me crave to come inside so to speak. The visual of your creations is dynamite, no doubt about that. Just wow me from the start. Not saying you have to ditch the prim look at all, but gimme something to have a craving for. Right now the art on there isn't grabbing me. Lord that brownie ala mode would snag me or any of your candles really. Does that help more? You can always follow your prim theme through your photos and since your displays give a classy feeling ... it works. Don't you think?

Well shorten up or axe the prim art and stick one of your beauties on that front. Make me crave to come inside so to speak. The visual of your creations is dynamite, no doubt about that. Just wow me from the start. Not saying you have to ditch the prim look at all, but gimme something to have a craving for. Right now the art on there isn't grabbing me. Lord that brownie ala mode would snag me or any of your candles really. Does that help more? You can always follow your prim theme through your photos and since your displays give a classy feeling ... it works. Don't you think?

Excellent suggestion.

Ahhhhhh..... I am in the process of removing the big old logo ...so that there is more room, people say they don't like to scroll...but go to just about any site and you have to do some scrolling.....I am just going to have my banner and insert some photo's ....will let ya know when I have updated a little more! thanks for the input!

I agree w/ putting a couple pics of your candles on the home page. Yep, the brownie ala mode does it for me, along w/ the mug of beer and the martini :cheesy2:

The thing that I personally notice w/ websites is how fast the pics load. Your site has plenty of pics, and they load very fast on my dial up. A very good thing!

I totally agree with Jules . If your logo is what people recognize as your company, then by all means keep it, but to open you home page and see instead some of the beauties that you create, and the rich colors you use will not in any way take away from you country look. Get some of those rustics front and center.

A website is always a work in progress. I know you will get there. Can't wait to see the changes that you come up with.

I really like the variety of candles that you do, and of course, your pillars candles are just awesome!

BUT, IMO, the "scentsations" has been way overused on tons of websites. I google just that and everybody has that as part of their website. It really doesn't set you apart name wise....

I know you already have the domain name and all, that's just the first thing that came to my mind about your site's name.

Good job though on your candles!