M&P Smell

soycrazy

I smell something but it does not smell like alcohol. I also smell it in the soft soap I bought and when I heat a liquid soap to add to a scrub. The M&P from some places smell stronger than others. I don't like the scent but have never got any that didn't have it. Don't know what it smells like but I don't like any of the natural smells, like unrefined shea, borage, hemp seed or even olive oil so it just might be me. I don't really smell it after the soap is finished with the scent and all.

Most m&p has a strong soapy smell that I can live with, but I've got one bunch I bought off the classifieds here that weirdly has a minty smell. I wasted some good pomegranate FO in it, so now I'll only finish using it with peppermint, rosemary mint, 'Stress Relief', or some other such minty FOs. I'm leery of buying m&P unsniffed now, but what choice do you have when a quality product is not available to you locally. :angry2: I'm making note of reviews from you guys and buying what you recommend and staying away from what you don't.

With that in mind, Candybee, is it OK if I ask what you are using?

Darbla

I have found that M&P really absorbs what is in it's surroundings, so where it was stored before you bought it and where you're storing it now could make a difference! I bought some once from a heavy smoker and ended up throwing it away because it reeked of cigarettes. I also used to keep all my supplies in one area (soap, FO, etc.) and now keep them separate for the same reason ~ the soap would seem to soak up the essence from the FO bottles.

I think the M&P from WSP has a floral scent to it, so I can't use that anymore at all ~ it literally made me break out in a rash, so there is "something" it in that just didn't agree with me.

Most m&p has a strong soapy smell that I can live with, but I've got one bunch I bought off the classifieds here that weirdly has a minty smell. I wasted some good pomegranate FO in it, so now I'll only finish using it with peppermint, rosemary mint, 'Stress Relief', or some other such minty FOs. I'm leery of buying m&P unsniffed now, but what choice do you have when a quality product is not available to you locally. :angry2: I'm making note of reviews from you guys and buying what you recommend and staying away from what you don't.

With that in mind, Candybee, is it OK if I ask what you are using?

Darbla

I get mine from C&S. Every time I tried another supplier I was dissapointed in the quality of the M&P. So I am sticking with C&S.

Every base will have some kind of smell to it--some stronger than others. To me, WSP reeks of alcohol even after fragrance has been added. SFIC has a slight scent, not an alcohol scent or an upleasant one to me, but it seems to disappear after fragrance is added.