Pink Sugar... with updated pics

Landa

lol Don't you just love soapy surprises? I cannot tell you how many times I was going for one color, say purple, and watch it morph into brown-green right before my eyes. hate that.

Maybe it's my monitor but the first thing I thought of when I saw your soap was Ronald McDonald. It's very festive looking. If you don't mind my asking, what did you use to achieve such a vibrant red?

Anyway, I think it's wonderful looking...very cheery! :D

I haven't tried Select Shades yet. I think I am going to wait until the fallout from recent troubles others seem to have had is over.

Is the red still changing colors? I'd be interested in hearing about what color the soap finally decides it wants to be.

Your neighbor has the right idea. Hey, no fair, you've already started your Christmas shopping. Bah humbug (I think that's how you spell it), it seems like Christmas comes earlier every year. :eek:

I haven't tried Select Shades yet. I think I am going to wait until the fallout from recent troubles others seem to have had is over.

Is the red still changing colors? I'd be interested in hearing about what color the soap finally decides it wants to be.

Your neighbor has the right idea. Hey, no fair, you've already started your Christmas shopping. Bah humbug (I think that's how you spell it), it seems like Christmas comes earlier every year. :eek:

No the red is not changing. The rest is turning brown. I just dont like the red,LOL!

I have the same problem and LUV Pink Sugar. I do M&P, and bought a vanilla stabilizer (it helps), not sure if it can be used in any other process?? I didn't use the right amount (used less than what it called for), I didn't read the directions correctly so its turning alittle darker cream after a month now. I luv that red (even though I know you were shooting for pink). Pics can be deceiving, does this dye make a true red? I'm looking for one, the two I have make pink.

Unfortunately, if ya use pink sugar, you're gonna get chocolate brown. Just the nature of that beast because of the high vanilla based component of the fo. You can try all the stabilizers and different colorants that you want, but you're still going to get varying shades of brown. Now since you're wanting a pink top, why don't you scoop out a little of the soap just prior to adding the fo, color it pink and then pour it on the top of the scented soap just after you've poured it into the mold?:wink2: