liquid dye sampler

Ok, I know this sounds weird, but I came across a site a LONG time ago that had a liquid candle dye sampler- maybe like 1/8 of an ounce of 6 or 7 different colors. I currently use reddi-glo chips, but I'd like to switch over to liquid, and I don't want to spend a hundred bucks of liquid dye to find out I hate it. Also, I make those little aroma bead air fresheners, and they can only be dyed using liquid oil-based dye. I don't want to buy whole ounces of dye just for my air fresheners, either. Can anyone help me? Has anyone else seen this out there, or am I losing my mind again? THANKS!!!!

Michelle

Guest ShellyRobyn

I think once you try the liquid dye you'll love it. It's so much cheaper than chips but then there are some chip colors that I just love and haven't been able to duplicate with the liquid so I use both. A lot of my colors are a combo of both.

Hello :wave:

I just made the switch from chips to liquid and I love it :rockon: I purchased a 21 color pack, all 1/2 oz. size from candlesupplycentral on ebay. It is a Buy it now auction for 34.95 and 9 bucks shipping. If you are interested in looking at it, the item number is 8197158014. I have bought several supplies from these guys and I have been very happy with the customer service and product quality. HTH

Andrea:D

see, I'm just scared because I've spent so much time testing using my chips, I'll have to go back and re-test 50 scents in 5 sizes if I start using liquid! Just seems like so much hassle!!!! Does anyone know the answer to this question: since I use dye chips now, should I wick down one when testing the same color using liquid? Or should it stay roughly the same, and just try it with the same wick? I was under the impression that color chips are denser and require larger wicks than if coloring with liquid...is this true? I might take the plunge if it doesn't mean wasting a thousand wicks in the process looking for the right one. Thanks guys!!!

Michelle

since I use dye chips now, should I wick down one when testing the same color using liquid? Or should it stay roughly the same, and just try it with the same wick? I was under the impression that color chips are denser and require larger wicks than if coloring with liquid...is this true? I might take the plunge if it doesn't mean wasting a thousand wicks in the process looking for the right one. Thanks guys!!!

Michelle

It shouldn't make any difference. If you roughly duplicate the color it's about the same amount of dye. In fact it's the same dye, more or less. The only difference is that it's dissolved (often not very well) in a little stearic acid in the case or dye chips, or in solvent in the case of liquid.