Anyone tried this mold?

foxhill

Site says, Line this one with freezer paper or plastic, pour and cut.

Interesting. Guess it is a good spacesaver since it is a two-in-one kind of deal. Seems like if you lined it with freezer paper you'd have to unmold/line the log, put it back in the mold and *then* cut. Interesting...

I bought a wood one like that off of E-bay and would say to stay away from those ones. Mine cracked on 3 sides where the slit is cut in the mold. It cracked the first time I made CP soap. I can still use it but its hard to get straight cuts in those 3 slots since it cracked in them. The seller wouldn't do a darn thing and wouldn't return my emails. AGAIN STEER CLEAR OF THE WOOD ONES LIKE THAT - THEY ARE TOTAL CRAP!!!

• 2 months later...

I've purchased one of these...and their customer service is pretty poor. The mold could have easily been broken down to fit in a flat rate box, but he never returns emails. And when he does return emails its totally like....you're annoying me with your idiot questions.

I had one of those molds. I sold it to Labgal cause I wanted the larger one.

Very good construction, solid piece of equipment. Love it.

Mine was delivered in 3 days in a flat rate box. The seller doesn't seem to give feedback and just raised all his prices, but I had a good experience with him. This is a really nice mold, but you definitely need to line it.

I bought a wood one like that off of E-bay and would say to stay away from those ones. Mine cracked on 3 sides where the slit is cut in the mold. It cracked the first time I made CP soap. I can still use it but its hard to get straight cuts in those 3 slots since it cracked in them. The seller wouldn't do a darn thing and wouldn't return my emails. AGAIN STEER CLEAR OF THE WOOD ONES LIKE THAT - THEY ARE TOTAL CRAP!!!

I have one of the wood ones sort of like that except it is a slab and I love it! I made one of my handy dandy mylar liners for it and it is awesome!

I have one of the wood ones sort of like that except it is a slab and I love it! I made one of my handy dandy mylar liners for it and it is awesome!

Kim I have the one that you have. I know heard how much you liked yours and the price was good so I bought it. I was totally pissed it cracked and on CP soap. Oh well, that is life and mine went on..............

Duh! You'd have to line it or the soap would ooze through the slits. That seller needs to revise the title!

e

E, tsk tsk are you skimming posts? ;) LOL

I think it was decided a few replies up that the name of their store is No liner Soap Molds and Cutters, it's not the title of the auction. :)

I think if you used parchment paper to line it, you could cut through that right? So you wouldn't have to make it, unmold it and then put it back in to cut it? Of course I've never used anything like this so what do I know? LOL

Anyway, it looks like it's constructed of heavy duty plastic which would hold up better than the wood I would think, and their shipping is CHEAP, it said it would only be $5.67 to my zip.

I may have to see if they have a smaller one in another auction, 3 lbs. is just waay too big for me.

I may have to see if they have a smaller one in another auction, 3 lbs. is just waay too big for me.

In their auction for the 3 lb. loaf it says: "For making a smaller loaf or a test loaf simply use blade as a divider before you line."

If I had money to spare, I'd love to have the 2 lb. no liner mold. I hate liners! *lol* Too bad they don't sell them in singles. :(

I have a wooden 16 bar slab mold with the cutting slits that I bought off Ebay. I really like mine. I line mine with freezer paper and when it comes time to cut I slit the paper on the top edge so I can see where the slits are then I just cut it right through the paper. (mine came with the cutter)