Supplies on ebay

Hi Trisha!

I've bought color chips off Ebay (from seller fancycatlips...she has a store). They work fine. I've also purchased my Presto pot with spigot from her. Can't help you on the wicks (I've yet to venture into wicking yet). Just make sure the seller is reputable :) Good luck!

D

I have had good experience with candlechem on eBay. Gemlite is a good selloer, but their FOs are not as high quality as some others outside of eBay. Wicks are OK on eBays as long as you know what you need. sensation48 sells some good FOs but she only has 8 oz bottles. HTH :)

Hi Trisha!

I've bought color chips off Ebay (from seller fancycatlips...she has a store). They work fine. I've also purchased my Presto pot with spigot from her. Can't help you on the wicks (I've yet to venture into wicking yet). Just make sure the seller is reputable :) Good luck!

D

Kari, the first person I bought from and I still get supplies from her, she's great :yay:

I've purchased color chips, hundreds of shrinkwrap bags, aluminum molds, silicone molds, stearic acid and various other items and never had any problems. I usually don't buy wicks because many of the sellers list them like -medium sized 7 wicks- what does that mean? I'm too lazy to email them, so I just buy my wicks through my regular suppliers when I need other items.

I've never had a problem getting the orders and usually get them very fast.

DanaE

Thank ya'll so much. I just purchased 10 lb. of J-50 wax and some wicks. I'm looking into color chips and FO's. I will definitley take into consideration all suppliers ya'll have mentioned. Also, do you know anyone who sells containers cheap?

I haven't looked quite everywhere yet, but I got some nice 11 and 20 oz tureens from Candlemaker's Store for ab 1.50 ea, along with 8 oz JJ for ab 60 cents each, they do have a nice selection. :smiley2:

Thanks, I'll check into that. Don't have much $$ right now. I've already broken the bank in supplies in just my first 3 weeks AHHH:cry2:

Color chips probably would be fine. Personaly, I wouldn't do wicks. The same type/size wicks from different suppliers can burn different. I'd hate to go through months of testing, then find out I had to change wick suppliers and start over. Granted, any supplier can suddenly go out of business, but small individuals are more likely.

I've bought wicks from Nanna's Candles ( http://stores.ebay.com/Nannas-Candle-Nook_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm) , great lady, really nice and very fast shipping. I've bought dye chips from Mountain View Candles and Supply (http://stores.ebay.com/Mountain-View-Candles-and-Supplies_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm) and was really happy with them. I've bought urethane molds from Sue Croft (http://stores.ebay.com/Sue-Croft-Candles_Tart-Embed-molds_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm) very fast shipping, and nice prices. I just placed an order for some misc items from Candle Supply Central (http://stores.ebay.com/CandleSupplyCentral-Com_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm) she just opened a regular website, so hopefully I'll be going to that for misc supplies in the future.

I've had nothing but good luck with ebay. I've been buying computer parts for years without a single issue. I think that if you take the time to read the feedback a person gets, and take some of it with a grain of salt you can find some good deals and honest folks.

It looks like others here have had better experiences than I have with ebay sellers, but I've only bought a couple of items from ebay candlestore sellers, and have no complaints with them. My bad experiences were with ppl selling candle supplies that knew nothing about candles, and at one point neither did I. I bought a case of wax, (I had asked the seller about the wax but all they new was that it was paraffin) poured a ton of candles, waited for them to cure, then when I went to burn some, they burned horribly. I asked around and found out that it was Hurricane wax. All the candles I had poured were worthless. I bought a lot of fos, some were rancid, and those that weren't were thin and no hot throw. I bought a mold that was supposed to be a 3x6 and it ended up being a 2x3, which I had no intentions of making. I bought 2 molds, auction said they were candle molds, 1 ended up being a soap mold. Another bad experience was I bought a mold, took over a month to arrive, I had emailed the seller who said that they included some free wicking and mold seal to make up for the wait. When it arrived, I realized that he had advertised this mold, took my money, sent it to a supplier, and had them ship me the mold.

Sorry so long, just wanted to make others aware of some of the mishaps than can happen on ebay. On all cases I contacted the sellers, and none were even apologetic. One excuse or another, or no response to emails. So be careful as others have advised. Read feedback, and be weary of new sellers. Also insurance is highly advisable! HTH

I've gotten quite a bit of stuff off ebay also, just not FO lol!

Yeah, that's the only thing I won't buy from ebay. There's just no way to know if the scents are any good, or if they're 12 years old or something.

I actually found candlechem.com and candlesandsupplies.com via ebay. I was looking for a bunch of stearic and some more pour pots and they had incredible prices if you bought 4 pour pots, which was what I needed, and great prices if you bought the stearic in larger quantities (I usually buy about 20 lbs at a time).

I also found my shrinkwrap supplier through ebay. Shrinkwrapstore.com I believe. Now I just go directly to their store to order, but I was so impressed with the fact that I go the shrinkwrap bags in about 3 days that I checked them out closely and found out they had a store (ebay doesn't allow the sellers to advertise the fact that they have their own websites....which is a bummer now).

The one and only time I purchased FOs through ebay I ended up throwing all of them out. They were horrible and weak. I learned my lesson quickly and stay with the known suppliers for FOs now.

Oh wait...I found a few of the silicone mold makers at ebay too. Scottscrew.com was one, can't think of the names of the others. I LOVE my Scottscrew molds, they last forever and come with their own storage containers to keep them dust free. But then I'm a silicone mold freak and have probably 10 I've never even used :) My other favorite silicone mold maker is Ginger at Flexible molds. She's never let me down and all the embeds come out looking like the real thing.

DanaE

DanaE

My other favorite silicone mold maker is Ginger at Flexible molds. She's never let me down and all the embeds come out looking like the real thing.

Ginger's molds kick some serious butt! I bought the "Annie" mold a few weeks ago and finally got around to pouring some tarts with it tonight. The detail is absolutely amazing.

Ginger's molds kick some serious butt! I bought the "Annie" mold a few weeks ago and finally got around to pouring some tarts with it tonight. The detail is absolutely amazing.

Yeah, I can never go to her website and just order the molds I need...I always end up buying others to try. I just bought the mold that makes 7 small cinnamon buns all hooked together that you put in a 5" aluminum pan and I'm definitely making up a bunch of those babies today!

I sell so many of her cinnamon bun votives that I had to order more molds. In the last month I've sold 50 of the cinnamon bun votives and since I only had 2 molds it took a while to get them all finished. They look just like a cinnamon bun in votive form, but they're closer to 3 ounces instead of 2, so you have to have a bigger votive cup for them. I put raisins and mini pecans on them, pour icing over them and sprinkle with cinnamon and everyone goes crazy over them. They are relatively easy to wick (I use a CD6 and it works perfectly). I go to A.C. Moore and buy a bunch of votive cups that'll fit the cinnamon bun votives and whenever I have an order I enclose at least one of the cups, so the person will have something to burn a votive in until they can get more of the right sized votive cups.

DanaE

I get my dye chips on ebay most of the time as I like it when they offer the 260 chips in 52 colors and you can get them for about 10bucks,,I wait till it is down to the last minute to bid,,,LOL,,,I have also used the wicks too,,,Now when it comes to a liquid dye I use peaks. I have also received several nice metal candle molds to,,HTH,,,