wicking help please-4627

I am using igi4627 in a round tumbler that is 4" high and 3" diam.

and I am currently using eco wicks.The problem I'm having is that I am getting hangup ,the wax has NEVER yet melted to the edges of the glass.I am currently doing tests on eco 8 and eco 10 as this is what candlescience said should do best but its still happening.I am doing my initial burn test for 4 hours but I must trim the wick:cry2: at around 3 hours or I get some smoking but still no burn to the edge even upon relighting and going for another 3-4 hours.Someone mentioned wicking up so I tried a 12 and 14 but then my wax discolors but still does not burn to the edge!!!AHHH!

I am testing in a draft free room and my fragrance oils are not very thick(wellington right now).What on earth am I doing wrong???

I am testing in a draft free room and my fragrance oils are not very thick(wellington right now).What on earth am I doing wrong???

"Not very thick" doesn't tell much. How much are you using?

This is one of the main reasons why there is so much testing to candlemaking. Just because a supplier or another chandler recommends a specific wick or size or formula doesn't mean it will work for you. You don't HAVE to use the recommended wick, it's usually a starting point for testing. If it's not working, try something else.

i am having the same issue trying to use 4627 in a metro status jar...also 3" in diameter.....tried a zillion HTP wicks too (and yes IMO they do better for me in 4627 than ECO)

Anyhow I hope you find a solution...I am going to have to double wick my jars I think!

dana

Here is a link to the product info for 4627 http://candlescience.com/library/pdf/IGI-4627-Product-Info.pdf

It doesn't give a whole lot of info but if you search around the IGI site you may find other information that might help. I love the 4627 but as I'm sure you've found out by searching the threads on this forum it sure can be a "bugger" to wick. Someone on this forum had suggested giving the HTP's a few twists to help to get a more even burn ... I took their advice and it worked great for me. Wishing you all the best!

I use the keepsake jar - 24oz which has a 3" opening and is 6" tall and the htp 126 is perfect for me....and I single wick it...

For the smaller 16oz jar which is also the same opening but 4" tall I go with the htp 1212 because of the height of the jar..but maybe you can start on your jar with a 126...

But my wax is c-3.

Trappeur