Sweetcakes FO's- r they worth the $$?

iammommytwo

they seem awfully expensive, and I've never tried them before

(I do soy- candles/B&B)

they have 2 fragrances I'm looking for- Vanilla Lace and Amazing Grace

there has to something special, in order for me to justify spending that much on FO's

just looking for opinions :D

Hello,

I just received my order from SC today.One of the scents I ordered was fresh laundry and it is awful,the others like aloe vera etc are quite nice.I just poured my first test with one of the scents so I'll post here on what I find out.I have heard good things about their scents so I would try them if I were you.They are a little more $ but if it produces a great candle in the end I think it will be worth it.

there has to something special, in order for me to justify spending that much on FO's

For the most part, in wax they are NOT worth the money. They focus prmarily on B&B. They have a handful that are good in wax, but for the most part, they are not worth the excessive cost.

If you do both candles and B&B, you would be better served to use suppliers who carry oils that work in both.

Good luck finding an Amazing Grace that works in candles. Or B&B, for that matter. I've used AG from 3 different suppliers. As far as I'm concerned, I could sell the product as unscented.

BnL's Vanilla Lace (carried by BCN) is as good of a Vanilla Lace as you'll find.

I have and use a lot of SC's in my candles and they do great, strong throws at 1 oz./lb or sometimes less. I also do CP soap/B&B and my customers love that I can match their soaps with candles. But, they are like any other FO's, you need to test in your wax. :cool2:

I was thinking the same thing.....why spend a ton of money on a scent like Amazing Grace...it's a barely there type of scent (even in tarts).

I've used Vanilla Lace from AH (vict secret type). It threw very well (4627) but I am not familiar with original so can't comment on whether or not it is a good duplicate.

Eve

Yes, and like Chris says you can go down on percentage. They are well worth the money, but not something I can pass on to the customer as a general rule. I have not used BW, but The Scent Works Amazing Grace has done extremely well in both soap and soy candles for me as well as scrubs and lotions. It's a light scent, if you are thinking it's going to throw you out of the house, you picked the wrong type of fragrance. BNL's Vanilla Lace is awesome - wick up, up!

I think they are like many suppliers. One person may think a scent is to die for while the other can't stomach it. You need to test for yourself. They have some really good oils, you just need to decide for yourself if you think they are worth the extra money.

Good luck finding an Amazing Grace that works in candles. Or B&B, for that matter. I've used AG from 3 different suppliers. As far as I'm concerned, I could sell the product as unscented.

Sliver, did you try Fragrances By Design? I've soaped it as well as creams and lotions, (never got into wax) and it does well for me. I love all their Philosophy dupes. If you want some product to try, give me a holler, I have several of them.

e

Sliver, did you try Fragrances By Design? I've soaped it as well as creams and lotions, (never got into wax) and it does well for me. I love all their Philosophy dupes. If you want some product to try, give me a holler, I have several of them.

e

& they are now having a $1.50 samples sale!

they seem awfully expensive, and I've never tried them before

(I do soy- candles/B&B)

they have 2 fragrances I'm looking for- Vanilla Lace and Amazing Grace

just looking for opinions :D

i have worked with the sweetcakes version of vanilla lace in CP soap and the one from Natures garden is better.. i had less discoloration and the fragrance is stronger after a 6 week cure.