Feedback on these Scent Works FOs

Darbla

I can read their descriptions on The Scent Works site, but I'd like to know YOUR descriptions, and experiences and impressions. What they make you feel or think. Does that make scents? :D

Aromatics Elixir (I LOVE the Clinique one; this is THE Fall scent for me)

Coven (compares to SJP Covet; I'll settle with your descriptions of the SJP version; since this is new I doubt any of you have had time to try it)

Et Une Rose

Fine Young Cannabis (this is being discussed in another thread already)

Full Moon

Instant Karma

Kerala Spice Amber

Pomegranate Noir (anything like 'Midnight Pomegranate'? I have that from KY)

Tarte au Citron

Tea Rose

Tonic

Vintage Original Musk

Full Moon is a very nice scent, I made candles with it very strong CT & HT. (J223) Also make room sprays with this.

I bought a sample of Pomegrante Noir, and was not impressed with it at all. Still have a little left.

Now one scent I am adddicted to at SW is Fata Morgana, I make candles with it and a friend of mine makes CP soap with it. She just dropped me off a bar of it and it is so darn good, I want to take extra showers just to wallow in the fragrance.

Another one I love its Satsuma Guava, strongest fruit scent you can imagine.

HTH

Karen M

To me, Fine Young Cannabis smells very much like a mixture of essential oils. I don't smell rose. I don't smell cannabis. lol I smell maybe rose geranium... that's the most predominant smell I get upon first whiff. I haven't put it in anything yet, my plan is to soap it.

Kerala Spice Amber smells good, but all that spice just messes up that deep sultry amber smell IMO. I'll probably put it in something just to see how the scent blooms... but I'll be sticking with my Ambar de Nepal or Amber Desires from JS.

Tonic..... get it. And get a big ole bottle too. This is THE PERFECT scent for shampoo or conditioner. It smells very spa like and clean. When I use it, the scent revitalizes me. It's very refreshing.

That's all I can help you with.... haven't tried the others from SW. :)

Et Une Rose - I am not a rose scent person but this one is lovely. I soaped it and I believe I used my normal recipe (lard/veggie mix) but can't say for sure since its been so long and I don't have my notes with me), soaped cool (90-100). It behaved well and discolored a bit but nothing that you can't work with. The discoloration was almost a dusty pink color. This is a very sensual rose scent with wonderful amber and musk undertones that gives this scent a nice warm, tone to it. If you don't like rose, I wouldn't be surprised if you liked this one. And if you do like rose, this one will be a hit too.

I can read their descriptions on The Scent Works site, but I'd like to know YOUR descriptions, and experiences and impressions. What they make you feel or think. Does that make scents? :D

Aromatics Elixir (I LOVE the Clinique one; this is THE Fall scent for me)

Coven (compares to SJP Covet; I'll settle with your descriptions of the SJP version; since this is new I doubt any of you have had time to try it)

Et Une Rose

Fine Young Cannabis (this is being discussed in another thread already)

Full Moon

Instant Karma

Kerala Spice Amber

Pomegranate Noir (anything like 'Midnight Pomegranate'? I have that from KY)

Tarte au Citron

Tea Rose

Tonic

Vintage Original Musk

Elixir and Tonic are must haves very fresh and clean, Et Une Rose is a totally beautiful perfume scent, the Tea Rose smells exactly like a tea roses.

Have the Full Moon, Instant Karma and Pomegranate Noir...not at all favorites of mine.

Makes sense, but these are the only exposures I've had:

Fine Young Cannabis (this is being discussed in another thread already) -- wanna try!

Full Moon -- Very uni-sex. It's vetiver. Gives off a pungent clean scent, almost a hint of crisp with it.

Instant Karma -- Instant love lol!!!

Tonic -- I will always love this scent. It's clean,fresh and yet invigorating with probably the slightest hint of floral.

Vintage Original Musk -- Pretty dead on.

Skipping FYC and VOM (haven't soaped it, but have it a cologne thing), the others soaped like a dream. IK is a hit with most patch people -- some express a disappointment when told it has patchouli in it and it isn't a straight patch ...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ended up ordering, all 4 ozers:

Tonic

Aromatics Elixir

Fine Young Cannabis

Full Moon

I was salivating over a whole lot more, but economic conditions being what they are I had to limit it greatly.

Now, considering their terms and conditions say "If we cannot fill the full quantity on an item, we may ship without further notification to you (and you agree to accept, if we do) whatever quantity is available. Such partial or short-shipped items shall be priced on a pro rata basis; or we may delete the item from your order, at our sole discretion and, again, without further notification to you", I'm hoping I get what I actually ordered! :undecided

"If we cannot fill the full quantity on an item, we may ship without further notification to you (and you agree to accept, if we do) whatever quantity is available. Such partial or short-shipped items shall be priced on a pro rata basis; or we may delete the item from your order, at our sole discretion and, again, without further notification to you."

I just ordered last night too and saw this. Made me a little uneasy, but figured what the hell. I wanted to get opinions on the ones i chose, but the sale ended last night, so I wanted to get it in and try some of their oils. I didn't grab the cannabis. But, I did get some others that sounded good.

See, I saw that interpretation as well as the one where if they don't have it, they don't send it. No backordering (meaning when it gets into stock, they don't resend out). Some companies do, others don't. I'd prefer to be contacted if that situation arises, but I guess I'd rather get the stuff I DID order rather than the whole order be on hold until they're able to ship it all at once. Either way, I"m pretty pumped to try some new scents out. I haven't tried any from them simply because of price, but when you get a nice sale like this, it's hard to resist. :)

Well you could just leave a note with your order saying you'd like to wait for it to be restocked type of thing.

They held a couple of my past orders for me. They've also contacted me, usually by email, to let me know if something runs out of stock or they don't have enough etc. and we've had no issues.

Well, I got my order today and .... surprise, surprise.... it's missing one of the FOs. I went back over emails from them to see if I missed one about this, and one had "Scent-works.com Invoice 16588 (CLOSED SHORT)". I didn't know what that meant when I first read it and the invoice detailed in the rest of the email showed everything I ordered, but now I think that was telling me it was short an FO. If they knew already one was out, then it doesn't make sense that they processed the rest of the order as if it were there. And it did not say which FO and did not offer any options for me to do something. Now I wonder how they're going to refund that back to me and if the sale price will still apply to the other FOs because missing that one brought the total under what it had to be to qualify for the sale pricing.

I'm supposed to get my order today. I didn't see anything in my invoice showing that I might be missing anything. But, I'm not sure I looked that closely. I hope you figure out what's going on Darbla. I'm sure they'll just send out the other FO when they do have it in stock. That would be my guess?

Darbla, I got a CLOSED SHORT invoice also. I knew the Kerala Amber was out of stock because the Amount Column on that invoice had 0.00.

From what I understand they don't charge the credit card until this invoice is cut. Don't know how paypal is handled.

Well, I got mine today and wow, these are some nice scents! OOB they're fantastic. I can't wait to get this in some soap/wax.

I don't know how I feel about the Zest Aqua Pure one though. I saw Zest and I guess I thought it was going to smell like classic Zest soap. I've never smelled the Aqua Pure before. It smells nice, just wasn't what I thought it was going to be! haha

I got a tiny sample of their Bubba Grapes too and mmm, it smells so good. Supposed to resemble Baby Grace. Very nice!

• 2 weeks later...
Darbla, I got a CLOSED SHORT invoice also. I knew the Kerala Amber was out of stock because the Amount Column on that invoice had 0.00.

I was just looking at my invoice again and mine actually has a 0.00 by the item I was missing. I overlooked that the first time. Now I wish I'd ordered a bigger bottle of that 'Fine Young Cannabis' since they probably would've had larger bottles in stock. :(

I'm under the impression they're not going to be sending it. I'll just have to wait until the next sell, and pay shipping again. :mad: Or save my money and not order again from somewhere that it's a crap shoot whether you're going to get what you ordered or not. There's too many dependable places who WILL tell you something is up with your order and give you a chance to respond. Tony's for one; I didn't order enough to fill up a sampler pack there once, and they emailed me and gave me a chance to make an additional choice. That's much better customer service.

• 4 months later...
Vintage Original Musk -- Pretty dead on.

I'm about to take the plunge and try this place again, and I was wondering about this one. How close is it to the Jovan Musk from way back? I have a friend who loves that, and every year I make her a bunch of soap from it but I can't find the Jovan perfume oil I've been using for that so I need to find an FO. Any opinions on this? And while we're at it, new opinions on other Scent Works FOs?

Darbla