What's in your soap pot this weekend?

I am making a few restocks in Patch, Jasmine and Anise. Anise is selling so well and figures I can't stomach the scent! I also want to make some foot products, anyone have any ideas besides peppermint spray, soap and powders? It is going to be 90 here all weekend so I won't have to worry about insulating for gel, lol. My Farmers market starts in 5 weeks so I want to make sure i have enough. I also have tons of sewing to do. Aprons are selling hot and so are my wall hangings.

Ha! Work tonight and tomorrow, but starting tomorrow night, saying no humidity ... puhlease no more! ... I have 3 scents in bath bombs to get made and some small batches of halloween scents me thinks along with trying some cranberry citrus ... think that's all I have left in cranberry scents till well I order.

Must wait for pumpkin stuff to get here next week.

So may do some witches brew, but definitely need to get with it and do unscented, full moon and must scout out some other southern soaper scents I've been stashing ... because the vanilla stabilizer has arrived lol.

A really good Southern Scent is Mountain Laurel. It is a flowering tree that blooms in this region. I sell a lot of bars scented with this when I specify what it is.

I can't remember where I bought it, because I bought a lot and I still have some left but if you google it - you should be able to find it.

It does brown the soap some, but has a very unusual floral scent.

I'd be happy to send you a sample swap if you pm me your address.

I am actually not working this weekend due to me being in the hospital for almost a week and needing a bit more recoup time. I think I may make a couple more logs of 100% Olive Oil with my Orange/Cucumber essential oil blend :)

I have finally decided to narrow my soap list down so that I can soap the same bars all the time instead of creating chaos and soaping anything and everything lol!

Angi

I was drooling over charcoal soap on the dish and ordered activated charcoal. I am hoping for a black base with white swirls in EO's (After Dark blend, orange, peppermint and rosemary). We shall see LOL. Lip balm and bug spray are on the list too, and soccer, of course. I want to squeeze in pedicures and a lunch with my baby sister.

e

Angi, I hope your recoup goes fast don't over do it! Dirybird, hope you are feeling better soon. Scented, I haven't began to think about fall yet. BW has some great fall fo's if you haven't tried them, I can send you a few sniffies. E, I have the charcoal but haven't tried the soap yet. I have done quite a bit of drooling over it also. I did research a while ago on it. it sdounds like a great soap. I want to get some bamboo powder, I have read that makes a nice soap also. Very mild exfoliant for the face.

Soaping for swaps. I have a lot to do, as usual.

I thought I would have some free time for it, but my ex is mucked up and can't take the kids as he usually does (for a few hours anyway) so here I am soaping at midnight which I swore to myself I wouldn't do any more.

And I'll be at it tomorrow night too.

My husband and I just got back from pole'ing beans at his dad's farm. His dad had a stroke and just can't do what he used to - so we have been working since 8:30am this morning in this CRAZY HOT 90 degree temp getting this done.

He has the biggest garden I have ever seen and I just kept asking my husband what in the world his dad was going to do with all those beans.

GET THIS - his DAD IS GIVING THEM AWAY!!!

Oh my gosh - I can't believe how hard we worked to find out he is giving them away. I want to die.:embarasse

The charcoal soap didn't work out very well; I knew what I wanted, but it didn't happen. This was an EO blend.

I was going to do black and white swirls, but both the black base and the white got too thick on me. I ended up glopping them and had to smooth the top out (it was a mess). I now have textured gray soap that is black and white below.

I'm going to try again with full water. The peppermint EO I made the other day got too thick as well. My standard recipe has some fast tracing oils and even soaping cool is not helping lately.

Soap fairies can leave now, thank you!

e

AfterDark2.jpg

It looks really neat - can't wait to see it cut.

Maybe your summer "room temp" is warmer than you are used to lately!

That's a possibility for sure with today's temps! Yuck. Almost 100 degrees today with a nice hot breeze going.

I understand how frustrating it is when you have a vision/idea of what you want your soap to look like and it does not turn out like that. But this soap is still pretty cool looking.

Does the charcoal stain wash cloths at all? What does the charcoal do for the soap, i.e., what benefits does it add? And finally, where did you get your charcoal?

The charcoal soap didn't work out very well; I knew what I wanted, but it didn't happen. This was an EO blend.

I was going to do black and white swirls, but both the black base and the white got too thick on me. I ended up glopping them and had to smooth the top out (it was a mess). I now have textured gray soap that is black and white below.

I'm going to try again with full water. The peppermint EO I made the other day got too thick as well. My standard recipe has some fast tracing oils and even soaping cool is not helping lately.

Soap fairies can leave now, thank you!

e

AfterDark2.jpg

E, I love the texture you got on the top, even though it didn't turm out just right as far as the swirl. I think with fast tracing oils and the heat has a lot to do qith it. I made my patch soap today and it traced fast and normally it doesn't. It is 94 here today.

The charcoal does not give gray lather from what I read on the dish. I got mine from here, about $11 w/shipping for 10 oz. http://www.abnat.com/

or this one http://www.healingherbs.biz/products/charcoal.html 15.99 lb free shipping

Charcoal is what they give you in the ER if you've ingested poison or OD'd.

It cause adsorption (makes the organs repel). If you are a dish member, this is a good read:http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93697

It gets super black; that was the appeal for me. Its supposed to be good for acne (but I'd never claim that on a label)

e

I understand how frustrating it is when you have a vision/idea of what you want your soap to look like and it does not turn out like that. But this soap is still pretty cool looking.

Does the charcoal stain wash cloths at all? What does the charcoal do for the soap, i.e., what benefits does it add? And finally, where did you get your charcoal?

I bought the capsules at the health food store and opened them up. 5 capsules make about a teas. It does not stain your washcloth from what I have read. Charcoal has great drawing properties, It is good for oily skin, acne, and deep cleaning. To get a nice black use about a teas ppo.

Thanks for the info e. :grin2:

The charcoal does not give gray lather from what I read on the dish. I got mine from here, about $11 w/shipping for 10 oz. http://www.abnat.com/

or this one http://www.healingherbs.biz/products/charcoal.html 15.99 lb free shipping

Charcoal is what they give you in the ER if you've ingested poison or OD'd.

It cause adsorption (makes the organs repel). If you are a dish member, this is a good read:http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93697

It gets super black; that was the appeal for me. Its supposed to be good for acne (but I'd never claim that on a label)

e

I think your soap turned out nice...

I have good visions in my head too..of pretty soap..

but they ususally don't materialize in my soap...

I have been reading about the charcol soap too..

It would be interesting to know how it does do for acne..

Not to hi-jack this thread...but several months ago..there was alot of discussions about pine tar soap, being good for acne...

I did alot of research, and made up some for my daughtrer...

she has developed adult acne,,it was the kind the make very hard knots under the skin..

She has been useing the pine tar soap I made for her,,and her skin is clearer than it has been in years...we are both holding our breath...hopeing and hopeing that it is really working...she is so happy,,and she told me she is almost afraid of getting her hope up..so we are keeping our fingers crossed....

NOTHING in my soap post this weekend :( or this month :(

my soap pot is in STORAGE

but might go crazy in a new kitchen in a new house soon if all goes well!!!

who ever thought it would be hard to find a house to buy!! especially in this market!!!

Soaping for swaps. I have a lot to do, as usual.

I thought I would have some free time for it, but my ex is mucked up and can't take the kids as he usually does (for a few hours anyway) so here I am soaping at midnight which I swore to myself I wouldn't do any more.

And I'll be at it tomorrow night too.

i can watch them for a few house if you send them to me-and they are sweet!! and not as barbie crazy as my niece!! god help us!!

:)