Scented

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor thing! lmao You had a great adventure there! :D

What FO did you use? I'm curious!! Some pumpkin FO contain alot of spice so it can (and did happen to me) accelerate. The one I soaped recently, I had no A.

And I did a water discount (for the fact that I added pumpkin).

It took me about an hour to soap this one small batch I did. Took FOREVER to trace. I would just let it sit there while my SB rested. lol I'd stir it every once in a while, until it FINALLY reached a decent trace. And yep, after this go-round, my SB has had it. It's time for a new one. lol The motor sounds like it's draggin'. :D

That's a super great idea from Jbren for the TD. I will have to start doing that! I usually add it to some water in a dixie cup (like doing regular swirl portions), stir it up really well, then add my soap to it and SB it to incorporate it. If I'm using it for the whole batch, I usually just add it to my soaping oils before I add the lye water, then SB the hell out of it.

Since you didn't do a water discount, it might take a while to firm up, but don't give up on it yet! lol

Well I did GL's pumpkin harvest, an untried FO. Like I said, lots of firsts for me. Will likely try another batch today with some other pumpkin FO, because now I have what's left of the can to use ... this isn't a damn it I'm going to get this right (ad)venture, but it may turn out to be one lol.

Time to hunt down my other pumpkins and pick something to try.

I can't wait to see how it is when you cut it!

The TD settles and gets clumpy when it's in the fridge, so just by warming it a little bit, the water gets warmer and it shakes right up.

I do like CBE, add it right to my oils if it's a whole batch (which is not that often) and to my emulsifed soap if doing a swirl or layers with the TD.

Back to the drawing board. This batch started oozing oils up the side and it shouldn't be doing that at this stage. I pulled the batch to look and it would have been similar to E's cherry pie ooze from a while back,except this just came from the sides. Tacking this up to it belongs in the trash.

OK new batch of pumpkin. This was far different than the other batch and looking forward to unmolding it in a day or two. This time I think we've got soap.

Went with NG's pumpkin apple butter, about .7 an oz with a water discount -- living dangerous since there is a little bit of spice in this and pear. Added the FO into the oil (sorry CBE it's a habit lol), but did get the batch to come together and then stick blended the pumpkin in. We had pumpkin looking soup pretty quickly.

[ATTACH]15799[/ATTACH]

Big difference from what we had the first time. This showed no signs of applesauce anything.

Got part 2 done and just wanted to be sure that the batches would stick together, so dipped a utensil into the batch and pulled up some pumpkin. Swirled it a little.

[ATTACH]15800[/ATTACH]

Added the top, which went on fine and also took forever to get harder, even beat it with a beater and stirred out the bubbles and couldn't make this thing move. I do have a fear it will discolor, but oh well. Such is. If it stays together, we celebrate. If it doesn't, dive for the bomb shelters lol.

[ATTACH]15801[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458447695_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458447697_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458447698_thumb.jpg

That's looking good, Julie.

I haven't made my pumpkin soap in a while. Sigh... I add the puree at trace. Never had a problem. I take out some before adding, though, and put the TD in it for the "whipped" topping.

Mmm. That pumpkin patch sounds goooood.