What's good from Bitter Creek South?

Darbla

I'm ordering cyclomethicone from Bitter Creek South, and you know what a travesty it is to order only one item from a supplier. Therefore I must order some FOs. What are your favorites? I'm definitely getting 'Stress Relief' per sisterkaren's recommendation in another thread. Any other items (not FOs) you like from there?

Some FOs I've got my eye on:

Cinnamon Surprise

Coconut Lime

Dogwood

Green Tea Blend

Gulf Tides

Harvest type

Hawaiian Plumeria

Holiday Wassail

Home For The Holidays type

Irish Cream

Lavender

Mulberry (says it's extra strong; use only half as much)

Mulled Cider

Orange Delight

Patchouli (again, says it's extra strong; use only half as much)

Peppercorn

Pomegranate

Pumpkin Spice

Raspberry Patchouli

Red Currant (Votivo type)

Vanilla Extract

Darbla

What are you wanting to use them in?

I have used their Aspen Glen and Angel Wings in soy, 8%, htp and cottons. Both scents are very nice in the soy but are not overpowering, blow your doors off throws. They are just really nice and soft.

I did soap the Angel Wings once a few years ago. Just going on memory and not on my notes, the scent held well and did not morph and if their was discoloration, it was not such that I remembered like you do with those scents that discolor a lot.

Thanks, girls.

What are you wanting to use them in?

I was hoping the 'Stress Relief' would be safe for b&b, but...... I'm not finding it on the site. Apparently since I got that recommendation they've quit carrying it. The other scents are for candles, unless BCS says they're safe for m&p soaps, lotions and oils, body sprays, and perfume oils.

I've found their Scent Cellar section too:

http://www.bittercreeksouth.com/scent_cellar.htm

There are some interesting looking ones there ('Malibu Beach' and 'Herbal') at excellent prices, if they're any good. Any experience with those?

The Closeouts section has some intriguing ones too:

http://www.bittercreeksouth.com/CloseoutFragrances.htm

Any feedback on those?

I was hoping the 'Stress Relief' would be safe for b&b, but...... I'm not finding it on the site.

I found out from sisterkaren that she uses the 'Spearmint Eucalyptus' from Bitter Creek North (thanks, sisterk!), and it is not available at Bitter Creek South. So that explains that.

I've never seen the scent cellar at BCS! I clicked on your link and it took me right to it but when I look on the site I'm not seeing it. Where did you find it at? Maybe I'm just blind:)

Fos' I've tried from there:

Red Velvet Cake~awesome

Pumpkin Cheesecake~awesome too! Body safe but I have a reaction to it because of the cinnamon.

Gulf Tides~ really nice fresh scent and really strong!

Citrus Splash~ awesome throw but can't sell it, it's on my closeout list

Sissie's Sugar Cookies~the best sugar cookie I've tried, great throw in soy

Mulberry~ they aren't kidding when they say you can use half as much, it's SUPER strong!

Lemon Bundt cake CO~ great!

Vanilla Extract is good but they have better vanillas IMO at BCN

Scratch Cake~ super strong but not body safe

I found that a lot of their scents are weak. I use 6006. BUT.....I love their vanilla extract, the sugar cookie smells like the real thing, very strong. I was in there the other day and the watermelon smelled pretty good. Dogwood is strong. I buy wax from them, and my scents from other companies. I have not used all of their scents, just ALOT of them.

To be quite honest..... I don't know how I found the Scent Cellar! I keep a text file open when I'm working at my computer, and anything interesting I come across I copy/paste into the text file to tinker with later. I happened to have done that with that link, and when I went back to BCS and tried to find the Scent Cellar again, I couldn't find it. So since they were obviously trying to keep it a secret I thought I would tell all of y'all. :grin2:

Definitely their Rice Flower Shea and they also have BCN's Vanilla Velvet which is their best vanilla IMO. The cold throw is awesome. Their coconut is nice and so is their Sandalwood. I use it as blenders. I also like their Hawaiin Plumeria, but I like JS Plumeria the best.