This just sucks!!

Sorry but I am aggrevated. I wanted to place an order with WSP, the total came to $25.20-yup 20 cents over for 6.95 flat rate shipping-and nothing they can do about it is what they told me on the phone.:mad: Soooo they just lost an extra ten bucks-over 20 measley cents.

I placed and order with bottlesandtops yesterday and I really hated paying shipping...but then I always complain about shipping, from everybody! I couldn't resist those surplus bottles:embarasse I don't think I will be needing anything from them for a while:grin2:

I've never had an issue with them myself. I love a lot of their stuff. Their Luxury Body Mist is awesome. I don't buy "designer" FO's cause of the price, but the rest is quite reasonable and my order always gets out within 24 hours on a weekday or first thing Monday morning.

ETA: And if they bent for 20 cents, where would it stop? Someone has 26 cents over and calls to them saying "I know someone who...", tehn 30, 33, 37.... it's a set limit to avoid that stuff.

I don't see the problem. The promotion is for anything $25 and under. You are over $25 so you don't get the shipping promotion.

Agreed. It's no different than vendors that offer a deal like free shipping for a certain amount; you cannot be a penny under. If you don't bide by the rules, you cannot play!

e

I do a lot of shipping and I would never do that to a customer. It is worth the 20 cents to show them respect and cut them a deal. It makes them feel special if you give them a break. Even a little one. And that makes us look good. It doesn't hurt us at all. I used one company and spent 10,000 a year with them. They switched their magnolia scent and didn't tell me. When I got home, I hated it. I called them, and they told me. We do not exchange scents. Period. They lost a pretty good size account over a bottle of scent. And they would have gotten that one back. Sorry, but I don't do stuff like that. There is always a company that will appreciate you better. :highfive:

I don't shop with this company, so I have no idea how large they are, but I do alot of online shopping and have never thought to contact the company to see if they would still give me the deal if I didn't meet the requirements.

It would be great if they did, and I would be very grateful, but I don't think I would feel that they had to.

Must be all that time I spent around Christmas trying to get my orders from Amazon.com over $25 so I could get the free shipping...lol I would always be just a couple cents short of the free shipping and would spend WAY TOO LONG trying to juggle things around....:rolleyes2

I do a lot of shipping and I would never do that to a customer. It is worth the 20 cents to show them respect and cut them a deal. It makes them feel special if you give them a break. Even a little one. And that makes us look good. It doesn't hurt us at all. I used one company and spent 10,000 a year with them. They switched their magnolia scent and didn't tell me. When I got home, I hated it. I called them, and they told me. We do not exchange scents. Period. They lost a pretty good size account over a bottle of scent. And they would have gotten that one back. Sorry, but I don't do stuff like that. There is always a company that will appreciate you better. :highfive:

I agree 100% with you. They have bent the rules for me before and as I understood it flat rate goes by what you can fit in the box not weight so I didn't think 20 cents was a big deal- <50cents I round down, >50 cents I round up..... Anywho I was just venting, no big deal cuz they actually helped me out in the end-I didn't need it, I wanted it. TY WSP hahaha....

For 20 cents, sounds a little ridiculous to me. My Opinion Only is WSP so sure they are making the right decision here. I would honestly like to hear from Debbie May on this one. My customers all get freebies, as well they should, and it cost a lot more than 20 cents. Bad Business.

ok guys, for the life of me I can't figure out who this company is. I personally would have given the special rate to my customer. I also feel that for only .20 it's good customer relations to give the customer a break. I do a lot of on-line shopping for my supplies but I don't think I've ran across this one. Could someone please give me a clue? Thanks :confused:

It is for a large supplier, Wholesale Supplies Plus. IMO, you have to draw the line somewhere. When the cut off is $25 for cheap shipping they can't then give it to everyone who calls to question it.

At what point would they stop giving it? $.25, $.50, $1? Then someone would call and say my buddy got flat rate shipping when they were only $1 over and I'm only $1.05 over.

There has to be a cut off, KWIM?

It is for a large supplier, Wholesale Supplies Plus. IMO, you have to draw the line somewhere. When the cut off is $25 for cheap shipping they can't then give it to everyone who calls to question it.

At what point would they stop giving it? $.25, $.50, $1? Then someone would call and say my buddy got flat rate shipping when they were only $1 over and I'm only $1.05 over.

There has to be a cut off, KWIM?

I agree there should be a cut off, but twenty cents-pfft gimme a break. I work with large sums of money and we round off so 25.20 would be 25.00, 25.50 would be 26.00. Easy peasey....:D

I agree there should be a cut off, but twenty cents-pfft gimme a break. I work with large sums of money and we round off so 25.20 would be 25.00, 25.50 would be 26.00. Easy peasey....:D

Just curious, as to what type of work you do that allows you to be so liberal with money? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's totally appropriate, or you wouldn't be doing it, right.

But if I were a customer of a company that done this, I would be really upset to find that my order came to $5.50 and I had to pay $6.00 for it, especially if someone else's order came to $5.49 and they got it for $5.00.

So, shouldn't they give me a break on my order and just say it was $5.49 and let me have it for $5.00 instead of $6.00. I guess this type scenario is why places have "cut-offs".

Just curious, as to what type of work you do that allows you to be so liberal with money? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's totally appropriate, or you wouldn't be doing it, right.

I work for the government, and billing/reimbursement to different gov. levels is where we round off.

But if I were a customer of a company that done this, I would be really upset to find that my order came to $5.50 and I had to pay $6.00 for it, especially if someone else's order came to $5.49 and they got it for $5.00.

So, shouldn't they give me a break on my order and just say it was $5.49 and let me have it for $5.00 instead of $6.00. I guess this type scenario is why places have "cut-offs".

I was referring to flat rate shipping, doesn't matter the price or weight, just what fits in the box.............:rolleyes2

Pretty much the same scenario though.

Why should any company even bother with rules or cut-off's if they are just going to make exception to them all the time.

I just think it's rude to expect people to bend the rules for you if they are clearly posted. And then get mad if they don't. ;)

JMO

Luckily they are 20 minutes down the road from me, so I don't have that problem. I love WSP, the ladies (and guys) are always helpful when I stop by and I have never had a problem with them. They are the only supplier I know where I can order at 11 am and pick everything up big or small at 11:15 am (and its all packed and ready to go when I get there.) The other supplier close by to me takes 4-5 days to call or email me that my order is ready but I will continue to support them.

Contrary to popular belief, rules are not meant to be broken. They say $25, and the order is over that, then the promotion no longer applies. I think they are right not to bend the rules, otherwise what's the point.