Some CS FO questions...

LeahRB

First, OOB I did not prefer the violet lime. Does it smell different in the candle?

Second, how long did you cure apples and maple bourbon?

Third, any suggestions on really, really strong CS FO that you have to have?

Thanks, I appreciate your time!

P.S. I use 4630...

Guest LightofDawn

Sorry I do not have any input on the Violet Lime or the Apples & Maple Bourbon. I have samples of both but have not had time to test them yet. I did not care for the Violet Lime OOB either but everything can change once it is in wax.

I have tested both the Very Vanilla and the Cranberry Marmalade and both are super strong in C3. I love them both.

HTH

The Violet Lime was one of those fragrances that I just couldn't seem to make myself like simply because I couldn't picture violets and limes together. However, once I got this into wax I was pleasantly surprised at how good it really does smell. Don't judge this one by the OOB sniff.

I have a loooooong list of must haves from CS .... IMO you can't go wrong with any of their oils.

I second what flightoffancy said about candlescience oils, everything really. Their shipping is very reasonable. They will work with you on large orders like wax and jars to get the best shipping. They have great cs. Diane is great if you have any questions about anything.

PS - I love violet lime in my paraffin wax

I don't make candles, but I do make CP soap. I love Violet lime FO in soap, and so do a lot of my customers. One of my customers came by one day before I even had this one named, and she said I should name it the Big "O" cause she said it was better than sex....:rockon:LOL....on the other hand, my daughter says it smells like Pine Sol...??? I like it, it is one of my favorites and you are right, some of them, the initial whiff of them, is not to be trusted....I always go back for a second and third sniff, and even then, some of them smell very pleasant once they are in product....also, I think their FO's are extremely strong, I have noticed I don't need as much of CS FO as I do of others, and that is good on my wallet! :grin2:

I didn't love Violet Lime but it did throw very well. A tiny candle did my very large bedroom.

I didn't think the Apple and Maple Bourbon threw well (compared to other CS oils).

The Antique Sandalwood, Apple and Clover, Asian Amber, Himilayan Bamboo, Honeysuckle Jasmine, Lavender, Hansel and Gretel, Gardenia, Creme Brulee, Banana Nut Bread, Clean Cotton, Frankinsence and Mhyrr, Sex on Beach, Pumpkin Souffle, Fresh Bread, Choc Milk, Moon Lake Musk, Golden Rose, Cranberry Marmalade and Mistletoe throw unbelievably. I use igi 4627 at 10% with eco

wicks.

Eve

Yeah, I agree Darbla...believe it or not, I make two soaps, colored totally different, and they are both scented with that FO, and some people say "oh I love this one..." or Oh this one is my favorite.." and they each have the same FO..just different name, different color...is that bad of me? (It's a little trick I learned a long time ago, from my mentor....on determining factors of what people choose. )It is quite hilarious, and often times entertaining, especially when you see a woman with the "pink" violet soap in her hand and her husband says "smell this green one"(the green violet one) and she says "eww...I don't like that one at all"...You guys should try it some time. Like, one will be called pretty in pink, and the other is called a walk in the park...funny how people are drawn to things based on a visual "implant". LOL.

At any rate, I agree, I don't use the name violet lime at all. It deserves a much better name than that.

Yeah, I agree Darbla...believe it or not, I make two soaps, colored totally different, and they are both scented with that FO, and some people say "oh I love this one..." or Oh this one is my favorite.." and they each have the same FO..just different name, different color...is that bad of me? (It's a little trick I learned a long time ago, from my mentor....on determining factors of what people choose. )It is quite hilarious, and often times entertaining, especially when you see a woman with the "pink" violet soap in her hand and her husband says "smell this green one"(the green violet one) and she says "eww...I don't like that one at all"...You guys should try it some time. Like, one will be called pretty in pink, and the other is called a walk in the park...funny how people are drawn to things based on a visual "implant". LOL.

I've done that before and it's funny how a change in color can mess with your mind and make you think it's a totally different scent. We used to do that with pomegranate...make it purple and it smelled like nehi grape soda. Also used a lilac fo...made it pink or white (can't remember) and re-named it apple blossom. Smelled totally different than the lilac although same oil. Ginger