Mission Peaks Soap molds

Since Misty Creek has closed asn Pa Shop has stopped production, the only site that has the inthe mold cutting system seems to be Mission Peaks soaps.

As I love the looks of the bars that I get from a Misty creek mold, is Mission Peaks the only company now that sell a similar mold? I guess Pa Shop is closed due to getting some very poor quality plywood from China.:confused:

I want a large, chunky bar that I'm just not able to get from a log mold. I have a MistyCreek mols that I bought from Chris R and it's my Favorit Mold!

When I decide to sell next year, I want to be able to make consistant size bars of soap to sell and have several mold to work with.

If I go with slab molds, I have to buy a FCS log splitter right? I wouls also have to by a cutter as well. I could buy Upland slabs but I don't know if the solved their cut line problems or not.

Fire

I got a neighbor to copy the misty creek style and make a custom size mold. The guy moved and I don't know how to find him now. I found another man that does wordworking as a hobby and he's willing to try to make copies of my copies. He can't work on them until the end of June though.

I also took my misty creek to a cabinet maker to see if he could make me some molds. He said he would, but never made them.

There are people all over the place that can make molds. Ask around, ask the guys at the hardware store who makes wood products as a hobby, ask at the lumber yard. You'll find someone who can make molds for you and they will usually be way cheaper than buying retail.

Yep! I'm with Carrie.

One of the fellas at work made me a 9 bar slab for the price of a few bars of soap.

I line it with some of that funky foam and I'm one happy woman.:laugh2:

Once I get the hang of this, I'm gonna ask him to make a bigger one.

Mine have the cut marks and I had the neighbor use a bandsaw to cut them so they are very narrow, just narrow enough for the cutter. That way there is no play in the slots like in the misty creek. The cuts are straight every time.

Well if someone knows of somebody who is selling their Misty Creek molds, please let me know! I really don't have anyone that I trust with the only mold that I have.

In a few weeks, I may buy a Mission Peak mold and several blanks.

It really is too bad about Pa Shop because I've heard awesome reviews of those molds.

Fire

Mine have the cut marks and I had the neighbor use a bandsaw to cut them so they are very narrow, just narrow enough for the cutter. That way there is no play in the slots like in the misty creek. The cuts are straight every time.

I have 2 misty creeks, and a level and I STILL can't cut straight.

I have 2 misty creeks, and a level and I STILL can't cut straight.

I suggest you have your molds made for you then. Ask them to cut the slots with a band saw. The blade is very thin. If you do this, make sure the wood is very dry. If it warps even a little, the slots close up. The slots in mine are just barely wide enough for the misty creek blade. Perfect every time.

Well, after studying those molds a bit I will have to e-mail the company because my twelve bar Misty creek will hold 5 lbs

and that's what they are saying their 24 bar mold will hold even though it three inches wider than the twelve bar MC that I have.:confused: I need to know how tall the mold it. That's will determin if I buy the molds.

Fire

Well, after studying those molds a bit I will have to e-mail the company because my twelve bar Misty creek will hold 5 lbs

and that's what they are saying their 24 bar mold will hold even though it three inches wider than the twelve bar MC that I have.:confused: I need to know how tall the mold it. That's will determin if I buy the molds.

Fire

5# is a lot for a 12 bar mold. I used just over 6# for my 24, bars are 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.25.

e

Fire

Fire, please let us know please when you find out. I had the same question, if the mold is tall enough if you like your bars a little bigger.

I just read this post and I too have an awful time getting consistant size & straight cut bars. My hubby made me a nice size slab mold, I love it but it is so big I can't get the cuts right. If the slots where in it like the ones you had made it would be perfect. Now my questions, has stupid has they sound, you do line these molds right? I line all my molds with freezer wrap. And does the cuts go to the bottom of the mold? Then if they do how do you get the soap out of the mold??? I know this sounds like really stupid questions but I need to know.

Thanks,

Devil Woman

Now my questions, has stupid has they sound, you do line these molds right? I line all my molds with freezer wrap. And does the cuts go to the bottom of the mold? Then if they do how do you get the soap out of the mold??? I know this sounds like really stupid questions but I need to know.

Thanks,

Devil Woman

Not stupid. I line with freezer paper. When ready to unmold, I cut the paper where the slits are with a razor knife. The slits do go all the way to the bottom.

e

5# is a lot for a 12 bar mold. I used just over 6# for my 24, bars are 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.25.

e

E, I never had a problem with putting 5# in the 12 bar Misty Creek. I'm looking for the big chunky bars! The customers love them too. I will hold it so I fill the mold. I love the bars that I get with this mold!:embarasse

Fire

E, I never had a problem with putting 5# in the 12 bar Misty Creek. I'm looking for the big chunky bars! The customers love them too. I will hold it so I fill the mold. I love the bars that I get with this mold!:embarasse

Fire

They must be pretty thick; I use boxes so I am limited there.

e

They must be pretty thick; I use boxes so I am limited there.

e

Okay! I'm a DOPE! LOL! This whole time I've been saying 12 bar MC mold when, in fact is is a 16 BAR MOLD!:tiptoe: :embarasse :lipsrseal Slap me upside the head, Eugenia:yes:

Fire

Okay, I got a reply from Colorado Organics about the dememtions of their 24 bar mold and how much it would hold and got the reply this morning! THESE will be the molds for me as they are the same depth as my Misty Creek Mold!

Hi Amy-The interior of the mold is 14"x13.5"x2"(about a 16th of an inch shy).

Ok-I added the mold to my soapmaker program. It holds 353 cubic inches. When I plug in my typical soap recipe, this uses 136 oz. of base oils, with a total recipe weight of 209 ounces. This is not allowing for lining your mold or whatever corrections you are making for waste allowances. I hope this gets you close enough to know if you can use it or not. Susan

Sincerely;

William 'Trey' and Susan Emery

Colorado Organics, LLC

There is an eBay seller that has a mold in different sizes identical to the MC mold. Much more economical than a Mission Peak mold.

He also sells divider molds. Check his auctions, worth a peek.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OAK-WOODEN-SOAP-MOLD-WITH-DIVIDERS-FOR-18-BARS_W0QQitemZ260240278430QQihZ016QQcategoryZ28116QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem