Justscent FO's, R they really that strong???

Dangerous to ask for opinions like this, after all, who is to say I know more than anyone else here? Why would you listen to my opinion? Honestly, not trying to be a snot, but there are so many differeing opinions here on whats good, whats bad etc...you'll never get a straight answer. Test it yourself or not.

You'd be surprised at how much I agree with you. To ask advice of strangers who make a product of unknown quality is an exercise in futility and wasted money. It takes a very long time to weed out the noses you might reasonably trust on message boards.

Reading reviews followed up with your own testing will eventually establish who has credibility and who doesn't. That's why it's imperative for responders to give details such as wax, wicks, %, on ad infinitum. Over time, a pattern is established.

On a board this size, you will get every opinion under the sun. That doesn't stop people from asking, and unfortunately, following a stranger's advice. It's always best to test for yourself.

That said, I tested an incredible number of oils from JS. I use comfort blend, 8%, HTP or CD wicks. Out of an estimated 200 tests, only 3 had discernible throw. The oils were free. I wish I had my money back on all the wax and wicks I wasted.

I use soy and many that say stuff like "Fabulous in soy" and "SUPER STRONG in soy" just don't throw at all for me. I will say there are a few that work really well in my wax (Mojito, Buttermint, Caramel Cinnamon Latte), but I found most did not throw at all or well enough for me.

That was my problem too VE. And I was testing in JS 50/50 wax. Then I started mixing some of it with KY Perfect Blend and did get several to throw well...Van. Buttercream Crunch, Caramel Cinnamon Latte, Cinnamon Cider...just to name a few. But there were too many that didn't throw at all.

I assumed if it said how strong a scent threw in soy that it would blow the doors off in 50/50 wax.

Maggie

I read these boards every day and have for years now. I find you just have to test I made the mistake in the past of getting full pounds of oils based on reviews and found they just didn't work for me. Different waxes factor and I think what may be one persons "strong" may not be mine and vice versa. Also size room factors. Someone may test burn in a smaller area than others. I personally tried many oils form JS when they first came out and also bought pounds based on reviews. But in the end only two out of many of their oils worked for me. But those two are strong. With that being said, there are other suppliers that many others may rave about and their oils just don't work for me at all. None. But then other suppliers I rarely hear raves for and I find those to be really strong. So I have found, it's just best to get testers only, and not a ton( but more than a couple as not all oils from one supplier will work you), from a supplier and find if their oils work for you. it's nothing personal. Just science I guess.

We buy oils in the pounds to test with. I figure even if I only weed out the bs places, I've saved myself money and headaches in the long run.

I have to agree with you tho, lots of places people rave about and then do a search on that name, just as many people have complained about that very same company. Learn to trust your own opinion (or nose, in this case! lol) or be lead down the same path with the rest of the herd.

just my .02

I agree you have to test. No harm in trying out some samples for that. The cheapest way to find out if you ask me.

I have tried several samples from JS in my J50 wax before I switched to soy. I just didn't get much of a scent throw from them after testing them. The only one that threw well was a pumpkin spice but not sure thats the name it has been a couple of years now. I have since moved on to other suppliers for my oils.

• 4 months later...

I have some great JS oils that are very strong! It is just like ALL places -- some work, some don't....especially when it comes to soy. I have ordered from other places that test in soy and say it has a great throw in soy, but doesn't for me. Everybody's nose is different and application can be different (different type of soy, different additives, different wicking, different jar, different amount of oil, etc.).