UGH Need to vent

Okay so I am new and my first 3 soaps were beautiful, perfect. My last two batches have PMS. The first one was for the castille swap and it traced, big time, as soon as I added the FO, velvet tuberose. I had to glop it into the hold and then just as it was setting up I accidentally dropped a spoon into it and ruined it. I had to dump it out, try to melt it down and then BANG AND SQUISH it into the mold. It actually turned out kinda cool but it made me so mad. Then I made a batch last night. Simple recipe, scented with Cherry Amaretto, which is beyond strong. I only used 1oz for 2 # of soap and it is overwhelming. Well, this little B would not reach a decent trace for anything. I don't have a stick blender so I had to whisk it and it just stayed at a thin trace. I sat there stirring it for an hour and nothing. I finally got so mad that I just poured it into my mold and said the hell with it. I got up this morning, unwrapped it and it was still soft. WHAT THE HHHHHH. I am asking for a stick blender for mothers day. If the hubby can ask for a drill then darn it, I can ask for a stick blender. I am just so frusterated. Sorry had to vent

Ahhh chill a bit cause that's all typical stuff. Florals tend to accelerate and even seize or rice. Sucks cause they can be so lovely. Most of the ones I love I have to HP...

Some FOs do the opposite and slow trace, but that isn't necessarily why your second one was slow - could be that you used a slow recipe and soaped cool (important for swirls and stuff, but a little frustrating at times). It's probably still soft because it didn't gel - If you want gel, then if it's still in the mold set it on a heating pad and cover with a box then cover the box with towels or a blanket to insulate it - could still take hours. If you don't care about gel then just stick it somewhere out of the way for a few more days.

And about the SB - don't get an Oster.

Oh stick blender helps so much, Got mine at walgreens about $10.00 (kitchen Gormet)

works better than the 30.00 one I had before.

Sorry to hear things are not going good..

Get a stick blender and you will see trace happens faster depending on the recipe that is

My soap traces in less that 5 min..its just a basic recipe.

Rebatch soap has been making me happy lately. That way I can "make soap" but not have to use up my precious lye and oils again! I know I'm an addict! Anyway, I would be happy to have your rebatched VT soap!

• 3 weeks later...

I have had worse problems from Orange Blossom FO...It was a nightmare!

Stickblenders...I get mine from the goodwill for $4 to $5...most of them are like brand new...I find most people want one, get one, use it once, and then don't have a clue about how to clean them...which is why they end up at the goodwill! LOL