no more Spring shows!

or at least not a repeat of the last 2 I've done.

Last week was OK, sales were down, but not too bad. Today, I worked my tush off for 4 sales! I did this show last year and there were over 100 crafters. This year there was maybe 30. *faint*

It poured down rain for the first 2 hours (we were inside, but no one ventured out in that mess). Then it got sunny, but still no one came. It sucked. I did buy a most beautiful bracelet from the guys next to me - it called to me, I couldn't help myself. :wink2:

I think I'll just work on some R&D and kick butt at the fall shows.

Georgia, I hear you - my first show was today, and because it was windy and stinkin' cold for early May, the turnout was a lot lower than usual. I guess that's a chance you take, doing an outside show, but no one expected this kind of chill at this time of year!

I agree Georgia! No more spring shows!!

I did a Home & Garden show a few weeks ago. The weather was amazing but there no shoppers. I was in a "gift and gourmet" building and I think only one vendor made their booth fee, it was THAT bad.

I have done surprisingly well at the "non craft" events. I went to an outside antique festival this weekend, and we had a great day. With the rest of the vendors being having price points in the hundreds, we were a hit for the "browsers". I had to pitch my idea of "something for everything" at the fair to the organizers, but it went so well that we were invited back for the Fall festival too. I have a fundraiser in June that I think will do well also.

Must just be me, because I love spring shows, and even more so on really nice days. Might not have a completely nice day Saturday, but here's hoping so! Course we don't hit spring like we do in the fall, but right now we've got new products out there and we have to show peeps that even though our website isn't up at the moment that we haven't disappeared. Losing the website sucks, but we're still working on it.