Does anyone use KY "Soy Whipped Body Cream"?

I bought the KY "Soy Whipped Body Cream" base about 2 months ago and have been testing many fo's with it. I like the base very much & plan on using it as a "body butter" since it is so thick & rich. I'm having a problem though. Many of the fo's I've tested it in are causing the base to turn colors. It starts off as a nice white base. I was expecting the "vanillas" to possibly do this, but many other fo's are doing this as well. The ones that contain a high vanilla content are turning brown within a few days. The other oils have turned not as dark, but dark all the same over the past few weeks.

Has anyone encountered this, who has used this base? The feedback on the base itself has been very positive & people can't wait until I finish testing all my oils in this, so that they can get some of this stuff. I myself have been using it unscented, straight from the pail & my hands & feet are loving it.

Yes, I have KY Soy Whipped Body Butter and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. However, you must expect it to turn somewhat brownish when using any FO containing vanilla, even in small amounts. That will happen regardless of whose lotion/butter you use. It doesn't bother me at all. And why not sell it unscented?

I just ordered my fourth gallon of it. I have scented it with a lot of different fragrances. None have turned colors on me. I have used Warm Vanilla Sugar and it stayed white, it's been months now. (Since December).

Oh yes it turns colors. I made Jamaican me Crazy and it turned brown. Cotton candy and KY's Cleopatra turns it brown too. I didn't find it to be bad it turned colors at least nobody said anything that I sold it too.

I guess it depends on the scent used then because none of mine have turned even an off white. They are still as white as they were before mixing in fragrance. I might add some color to some of mine to match the scents.

I use it alot and yes, if often turns colors. The quickeness with which it darkens can vary by your location. High humidity in MD causes my vanillas to darken quicker than the dry heat my sister has in CA. I always just explain to my customers why it happens. never had anyone who really cared.. they just love the feel.

I would color mine.... for those of you who use color, do you still have problems with it turning a funky color?

AND what do you sell these for.... say 4 oz. and 8 oz....... retail and wholesale.

Thanks for any help, just finding that making my own is way too time consuming, especially on large wholesale orders.

Schmoop

I have used it since Vickey introduced it and everyone loves it. I do color mine and have not had many issues with a color change. I have had vanillas turn the color before, but once people know it's "okay" it's not a big deal....

Tracey

I don't mind. I only have 1 size at this point. I do a 4.25 oz jar and sell for $6.00. No one minds the price at all--they flew off the table at the last Show I did. Some does depend on your area. You may be able to charge a little more than that too.

Tracey

think i am gonna have to invest in some--more for myself then selling!!

if live in arizona and it takes a while for things to get delivered sometimes-since they like to come when no one is home--should i wait until after summer to order?

willl it melt?

No, it won't melt. I had a little in the bottom and the sides of the big jar it comes in and I was wanting to get it all out into some smaller jars. I filled my sink with super hot water and tried to melt it down enough to get it all out. It didn't melt or liquify even a little bit. I love this stuff.

My list of FO's that turn this base brown is growing longer, day by day. I can't believe nobody else has found this to be a problem. The more I test, the more fo's turn this base brown, some very dark brown. It's such a shame because me & my testers loved this base unscented. Some are taking as little as 2 days to turn brown. I wasn't planning on testing every single oil I own in it, but I guess I'll have to test as asked for, if I decide to use this base. I would have to delay giving the order out. I'd have to hold it back for a week to make sure it didn't turn before giving it. Usually I make stuff to order & it goes out as soon as it's made. But if I made this in an oil that would turn it brown, I wouldn't know because I'd have packaged it & sent it out while still white & then the customer would get it & it would turn brown on them in a few days. I'm so frustrated because I truly love this base.