What are you doing this weekend?

I am doing some much needed spring cleaning and organizing. I do have to make a restock of my Gardeners soap, omh and Lavender GM soaps. I want to try to play around with the pop colors too. Weather is not suppose to be too good here so it is a great weekend to stay in get things caught up. Anyone having a show this weekend, hope you have lots of sales and great weather!

Sounds like a nice, productive weekend for you, Sue.

Let's see....here....we just got back from seeing Iron Man....great movie!

At some point this weekend I have to make *something* for CBE's Dog Days of Summer swap before she lynches me.

And I have to study. I have 4 final exams coming up next week. EEK!

Other than that....I might just ignore the whole candle/soap/b&B stuff and pick up my cross stitching if I have time.

Oh yeah....al that is after I finish clearing out the soaps off my curing rack that have been there for 2 months. :laugh2: Good thing I got in 500 Dan's bands from the co-op!

Donna

Lots of re-stocking to do from the Heritage Festival...... salt bars, both Clean Cotton and Lime eo, Lavender eo, Gardenia, Sage & Lemongrass, Lemongrass eo and definitely more Jewelweed, both soap and salve. You can tell when poison ivy season rolls around down here :D .

Rena

I am working 2 -12's and considering packing up another load of stuff and takiong to storage unit--have to be out of my house by end of month and my other half gets deployed any moment!

moving SUCKS

if someone wants to come hang out at my house i will pay them to pack my stuff-or heck throw it all away

had to get a climate controlled storage unit for all my oils and goods

smells good in there-hope it really is a well controlled climate-we get power outages in summer sometimes from microbursts and monsoons!!

I am also mailing my 3 oil soaps to El Paso texas

might package up the soaps for drinks of summer

And I have to study. I have 4 final exams coming up next week. EEK!

Other than that....I might just ignore the whole candle/soap/b&B stuff and pick up my cross stitching if I have time.

Donna

4 finals...eeek that would scare me, I wouldn't be able to do anything else. Good Luck on them.

I wish I had time and my eyesight was better to cross stitch, I did it many years ago.

I am working 2 -12's and considering packing up another load of stuff and takiong to storage unit--have to be out of my house by end of month and my other half gets deployed any moment!

moving SUCKS

I don't envy you at all. I hate moving! How do you do 2 -12's? 1-8 does me in and I sit all day, lol

I will be busy 'feeling my age' this weekend!!! :shocked2:

My 1st baby ... the oldest of my 3 girls is turning 16 on Sunday. I just can't believe it has gone by that fast. Seems like just yesterday we we holding hands to cross the street, giving "Eskimo kisses" and being each others best friend & comfort while her Daddy was stationed overseas.

Maybe I'm crazy .... but I am taking this very hard. Can't even think about it without crying. What a lush, I know. Surely I can't be the only one who has felt this way. I just feel like the count down has started to when I 'lose' her and she moves on with her life and leaves me behind! :cry2: Must end it there cuz I can't see the screen thru all the tears ......

Awwww Jen....:awww:

But don't you know that by the time she is 24 and still borrowing money you will begin to wonder just WHEN will she grow up? Lol.

I hope she reminds you that she will always always need you and think of you as the same mom you always were. See, that's the thing... they grow up, but we never really change do we? So I'm sure she sees you the same as always. Minus the teenager tude stuff here and there!

I hear ya though. I only have one and she just started her monthly. At quite young I might add, but she LOOKS 13 soooo her body is just more 'grown up'. And I know the rest is to follow. She will be taller than me too soon... and that's what I won't know how to handle, lol. How will I make her clean her room? :sad2:

(sorry to hijack- but I had to cheer up my buddy!)

Jennie, wish her a Happy Birthday. I know what you mean . When my oldest turned 16 I felt the same. It is funny though when my Boys were that age I dreaded it for different reasons. Now all 8 kids (3 girls 5 boys) are out of the house I miss the crazy teen years but only for a few hours and then I feel blessed for the quiet times. My daughters and I have a special relationship that will not ever go away no matter where they are, They always look for comfort in their mom especially when they need something. The boys and I have good relationships but their wives and girlfriends have taken over for me.

Hi all! I decided awhile back to do a small open house. Today was the day! I've spent the last few months preparing for this. I didn't advertise. Instead, I sent out invites. As well, I told them to bring people who may enjoy seeing what I do. I put a time from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on it. Well - it worked out great! There was a steady stream of people come through here between about 10:30 until about 1:00, with only a few after that. I designated part of a small room for this - setting up shelves and lighting etc and filled the shelves with pretty much everything. (from candles to b&b products) Women were waiting in my kitchen until the room cleared a little bit because it was small, but didn't seem to mind. A few went back in numerous times because they "forgot" to get something...lol. Total sales today were nearly $700. (with a few orders on top of that) I was impressed. The hard work for the past few months paid off. I know that most of you in here would make well over that amount, but it was my first open house. I think I'll do it again at Christmas! And, I might advertise next time. Who knows..

Anyway - all in all it was a good day!!:yay:

Congrats Ditzy1! What a great day you had. I love my open house, it's always a fun time.

I did get some spring cleaning done and everything nicely organized, now to keep it that way. I made a great haul at a tag sale across the street, I got 4 cabinets and a few clear containers for 25.00, now everything is out of sight and no boxes or totes on the floor. I forgot how much room I had with out all the stuff all over. I am looking forward to soaping tomarrow.

Thanks very much! Today, I should be organizing stuff that has needed my attention for about two months. It's one of those jobs that you just hate to start as it usually takes longer to do than you think or want, soooo, maybe I'll put it off until next weekend....lol. :laugh2:

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to the market on Saturday...not sure if my DH is coming home this weekend..he was supposed to, but called me today, all sad and said he didn't think he was going to make it. I miss him...but that would give me a lot more time to play with my lotion lessons and make messes in the kitchen, and feed my kids TV dinners one more week!

I will be busy 'feeling my age' this weekend!!! :shocked2:

My 1st baby ... the oldest of my 3 girls is turning 16 on Sunday. I just can't believe it has gone by that fast. Seems like just yesterday we we holding hands to cross the street, giving "Eskimo kisses" and being each others best friend & comfort while her Daddy was stationed overseas.

Maybe I'm crazy .... but I am taking this very hard. Can't even think about it without crying. What a lush, I know. Surely I can't be the only one who has felt this way. I just feel like the count down has started to when I 'lose' her and she moves on with her life and leaves me behind! :cry2: Must end it there cuz I can't see the screen thru all the tears ......

You are not the only one that feels that way. My daughter just turned 16 a couple weeks ago. It's not an easy thing to go through. I completely understand. I still look at my daughter and think, dang where did the time go???