Blue Sugar OHP

Louise

Blue Sugar fo ... oven hot processed. I'm pretty well pleased how this turned out. Still not sure about the colors, but I think they are growing on me......blueberry pop, black oxide, chameleon glitter. They are just cut, but not cleaned up yet. Hope you like :)

[ATTACH]15486[/ATTACH]

post-9049-139458446312_thumb.jpg

Those look great, Louise. I'm really liking being able to do OHP for a few batches, and the soaps themselves turn out really nice. However, I'll sure be glad when I develop a better technique for improving the appearance. You just reminded me that I need to do a batch of BS myself.

Blue Sugar fo ... oven hot processed. I'm pretty well pleased how this turned out. Still not sure about the colors, but I think they are growing on me......blueberry pop, black oxide, chameleon glitter. They are just cut, but not cleaned up yet. Hope you like :)

[ATTACH]15486[/ATTACH]

Those are great! Like the colors.

Thank you. I got my BS from Canwax. I was not familiar with this fo, so I have nothing to compare it with, but I really like what I got. I know diff companies fo's often smell different, so I don't know if this is a dead on one or not.

Luci, I got tips on here from BarbaraAL and Soapfreak. I did this swirl using a spatula and folded the colors in. Put my spatula down into the soap by the side of the pot and drug it to the middle and lifted. Did that all the way around the pot and then did some slices through parts that looked blobby (is that a word?) and then used my chopstick then poured into my mold. The dropped my mold from about a foot high onto the counter several times to get out air pockets. HTH

Lookin' good there, lady! You must be feeling better! YEAH!

I have GOT to find my blueberry pop and chameleon glitter....they are somewhere in a big box of powders....after the co-op, I still can't look at these colorants without shuddering. ugh.

Muah!

Donna

Yep, Donna, I'm feeling a bit better. Still have to lay down during the day for a bit, but getting stronger every day. I even went out to my meeting last night!

LOL@ the pops and micas, I don't blame ya woman, that was one big whack of powders.

Thanks everyone! And a big thanks to you Barbara for helping me out. I just had to conquer those things and this is the first batch that looks like I did :grin2: (I looked all over the house for my 2nd crockpot that I KNEW I had..... it finally dawned on me after a day and a half that my hubby has it at his one office! dang him... ROFL)

And woohoooo! I got my very first dancing baby too!!

Vio, that's it! It looks like marble... couldn't quite put my finger on it. And boy do they smell yummy :drool:

Scented, I don't "cook" any of my colors when I HP, they all get added at the end of the cook along with the goat's milk and fo. I used about 1 tsp to approx 1.5 lbs of soap. I knew the blueberry pop wouldn't come out dark. I had wanted a darker blue for this bar, but I don't have any dark enough blue dye. (Don't ask about the FD&C blue fiasco I had before this batch *faint* ) lol

Thank you :smiley2: The colors are growing on me. I was going for a manly look. I've been thinking about the blue, I had wanted to do a darker blue than the pop, but the more I think about it, if it was dark blue, you wouldn't be able to see the black swirls. So it's official, blueberry pop it is.