Comfort Blend testing

I just started testing a new wax (Comfort Blend - 4627) and I am so excited ... this wax is totally awesome. I was getting so discouraged with the 50/50 blend I've been using; it seems as though the last couple of cases I've bought, weren't the same as before; I just couldn't get a good hot throw. Anyway, after doing tons of research, I decided to order the Comfort Blend from CS.

Right now I'm burning a tester of Very Vanilla from CS (2.5" container, 8% fo, htp 104), and I'm getting a great hot throw. It's been a long time since I've been this happy with the performance of my candles.

Hoping for some fo suggestions that have worked well for other CB users, so I can test to see how they'll work for me. I'm lovin this wax! :whoohoo:

Hey Candlebuddy,

Well, I've been using CB for about 3 years now. Most oils that I try work very well in this wax. I get most of my oils from bert at Heaven Scent.

I hope you are having a good time, and if you decide to keep using this wax, get yourself an electric turkey fryer. You can just about put an entire cube of wax in at one time, that way you don't have to mess with the stickiness.

Have fun,

Shari

I'm pretty new to candlemaking (only used about 40# of wax so far) but I've used CB from the start

I've had great hot and cold throw with only 6% FO.

I've used mostly CS, Berts, and ICS fo's.

My only complaint about the wax so far (other than getting it out of the bag, especially when it gets low) is that I thought this was a container wax that was supposed to have great adhesive properties......and no matter what tips and tricks I try, I get the most horrific wet spots on each and every one. Not just one or two, either. It looks horrible. :(

*sigh* Other than that (and getting the wicking worked out, which is taking forever) I like it a lot ;)

Have fun!

dana

I have wet spot issues with comfort bled as well, no matter how slowly I cool the jars. I love the stuff otherwise! Great hot and cold throw at 6%. I am going to try different types of wicks with mone as the zinc work well, but have terrible mushrooming! Good Luck!

Yep, I've tried them warm, cold, and everything inbetween. I've tried washing the container first, and not. I've tried every method and tip I could find on here. I keep them in a warm place (insulated) and cool slowly. No wet spots at first, but always within a week or so they show up in abundance! :cry2:

dana

I very rarely get any wet spots either. Sometimes I use a small percentage of soy, like 10%. I have to use this crap up, it's horrible on it's own. Since the price increase I will never buy it again anyway.

There is no FO that does not throw with this wax. It's by far the best.

;)

• 2 years later...
CB...I threw a little bit of the 4627 into my 50/50 and it really seemed to make a difference in throw but I did get a little soot when I did that so I stopped putting it in! :tongue2:

Are you saying the 4627 caused the 50/50 to start sooting? So you're unhappy with 4627?

In 4627 only, I reduced FO percentage and got less soot and still good scent strength.

Edited by Darbla