Patch Amber & coop colors

Scented

No pops in this one though. Amazed I didn't pass out from just the fragrance. Ooooo it's better than good. It's sexy, hot good lol. I should have been warned.

OK the colors going on here are that egg yolk one is what I colored the batch (need to make a note to find what the novelty is about it). I added blackstar green (which is a dark, beautiful emerald green, but when the soap hit it went black so we'll see if anything comes out). I added verdigris gold I think it was, another that went dark when the soap hit it for mixing, but you can't much tell in this picture. It's the brownish color. And that red, is hot mama. I know Donna tried it and if it tones down, then that would be closer to the color of amber right?

Anyway, these are fun to play with!

[ATTACH]15133[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458444276_thumb.jpg

Good lookin colors going on there...you all are just having to much fun with these new colors...I just love the sparkles in the soap...do they say even after they cure?

Well a little bit does, I think, but for the most part, I think it disappears, which is a shame! I just looked at this soap again and it has mellowed out. There's hardly any sparkle and the really dark is starting to show a little green. It is still a little warm. It's going to be interesting to cut just because of what all I forgot to do.

Well a little bit does, I think, but for the most part, I think it disappears, which is a shame! I just looked at this soap again and it has mellowed out. There's hardly any sparkle and the really dark is starting to show a little green. It is still a little warm. It's going to be interesting to cut just because of what all I forgot to do.

What do you mean by all you forgot to do?

BTW I think it is pretty and can't wait to see it cut.

:D

I layered color and forgot to swirl lol inside so had to go back and try it.

Sad though is that I think I lost all that brown. The hot mama hasn't gone orange and the other is still dark.

You know I will probably see my name on this one too. :P

:tiptoe:

Thanks all!

Hmm, disappointing that colors are changing/morphing on us, but can't complain about this one Scented, cuz it's gorgeous no matter what colors it was supposed to be! :D

We'll see when I get to cut it. I'm kind of liking the colors, except for no verdigris that I could tell, but I know it's in its gel stage and I need to leave it alone lol!

The hot mama isn't orange, but it's like a purple red color, which I'm not going to complain about, but I think I should have used more yolk color to get a 4 lb batch to go yellow. I won't be surprised if the yellow disappears. This batch still had sparkles on top when I looked at it.

Now to think of what to do to a batch of patchouli honey.

Curious me wants to know more about the Egg Yolk color...what is it?

Well that made me go look it up lol! TKB, page 9 under powder colorants for soap ... it is actually cosmetic flourescent yolk yellow. This is what the website says about it.

This newest fluorescent color is a warmer yellow than the original Fluorescent Yellow which we also sell.

The Fluorescent color family are cosmetic-grade pigments which are made by combining D&C certified dyes with a resin matrix technology.

The result is clean, bright pigments with virtually no bleeding or staining which are UV and Blacklight responsive.

These colors are great for novelty cosmetics and personal care products. They are not approved for use around the lips or eyes.

That soap looks so pretty now, but still curious after it's cut. :tongue2: I was looking on TKB website and see they have a new tweaked teal? I am going to order some colors now after seeing how beautiful these are. I still can't believe I didn't get in on that co-op, what a goof up I was, lol.

I didn't get in on the coop either and ordered well after it was closed and still got my tkb package before the coop stuff was being used and I'm on the opposite coast of TKB. TKB ships really fast and be sure to look up free on their site and choose a freebie. I got a really nice sample kit with my pop order. I also wound up paying less for shipping then they showed on the check out page. Great company. I'll order from them again in a second.

Scented that's some firey looking soap there. Reminds me of lava or something. Very cool looking! :)