OK, Now I'm Bummed...

Sharon in PA

I got 8 oz of Tradewinds Kiwi Kicker from a friend and it ROCKS in my 50/50 container and tart waxes, and is already VERY popular...it IS a terrific scent-well, after doing a search here on their company, and maybe picking up some hints on a few more must-trys, I am reading a LOT of negative reviews regarding their lousy customer service.

These posts go back to the last 1/3 of last yr. but there are folks that had posted about a long history of poor CS w/ this company, and who've dropped them altogether as a FO supplier...

SO-now I am wondering if I should even get involved with them at all, or try and find an alternative oil, and cross fingers that'll be as good and perform as well for me as theirs...:( (I may have to anyway, as this oil is listed OOS on their site...)

Whichever you want to do. It takes about a month to get Select Shades and extra bottles of color, so you might want to order now if you were wanting to get more soon.

I've read that it takes a long time to get your order. Honestly though, when I have ordered my Select Shades (an initial order and one for refills), I received both of these orders within a week of ordering. And I made each order at least a year apart.

I've ordered SS and fo from them and received them quickly. However, I've been leery of reordering from them even though they've got a couple of fo that I really want. From everything I've read, if an fo is oos, it never seems to get back in stock.

I read a surprising post over on the Dish that someone reported a few weeks back about ordering and receiving it within a few days! :shocked2: Maybe there's hope.

OK what do you two do special lol! Both orders of SS took a month to get here and one of you lives at least a few states away.

Not one of the ones you are talking about but when I ordered my SS and a couple of FOs I had mine within a week. :P

:tiptoe:

OK, so I guess I could take a chance and see if PA is one of their preferred states :rolleyes2 and then hope that the Kiwi Kicker comes back in stock soon...

or look for a replacement...soooo, any ideas as to a great one that throws in so or at least 50/50???

oh yeah, sorry...

I've heard that they don't get scents in stock in anything close to a timely manner.

I've also heard that if you add FO to your SS order that it bogs it down.

They won't answer emails, their phone rings endlessly. I have experienced that myself.

Personally, I'd find a replacement. If they weren't close enough for me to drive to should they piss me off badly enough, I would have to find another supplier for coloring as well.

What's it smell like and maybe someone can give you some alternatives?

Thanks Tereasa, that's what I am thinking, who needs the aggravation...

It's a very juicy kiwi, but has something more to it, hard to describe...it has a kick ass throw to it, and I hope to find something as close to it as possible, folks have gone ga-ga over it!

May just have to check out the FF, see what I can come up w/... I was hoping to find someone who uses one and can give me a ballpark on the throw potential...

I've ordered from there 3 times. The first time my SS took about 2 weeks to get to me. I tried to order some FOs at the time but everything that looked good was out of stock.

My second order took about 4 days to get here. It was made about 5 months after the first one, and wouldn't ya know it - those interesting FOs were STILL OOS.

My third, and last order, took about a month. Just some SS refills. And yep - no contact from the company - no response to emails or messages. I would have called my credit card company cept I got sidetracked and forgot till the box showed up...

I do love my SS, but when they run out I'll find a more reliable colorant supplier that I can get more than just the colors from... paying shipping for just those sucks.

HOW do suppliers like this stay in business?? Do the sale of the colorants alone keep them going????

Well CB, you're prolly on right track about their oils, seems like maybe the Kiwi Kicker's been out for quite awhile if the fact that their version isn't even listed on the FF means anything...

SW has this and I think this is where Sandi (sandissoap) gets hers from...suprisingly a lb isn't too scary, lol!...maybe I can jump in on her next order, save on shipping...hopefully it will perform the same way!!

Thanks everyone on your input here, what a way to run a business, guess the customer NEVER comes first... Candybee, fortunately for you, you seem like one of the few exceptions! :smiley2:

I have never had an problem with TW. I have always recieved my orders promptly, within a week of ordering and for where I live that is an excellent time frame :smiley2: . There oils are fantastic. I have a few 16 ounce bottles, some 8 ounce (maybe 4 ounce) and lots of samples. Wind Dancer & Geisha are beautiful fragrances.

Devil Woman

The first (or what I thought was my first) order was just for SS and came quickly, so I thought all was well and ordered again, this time several fo's. Needless to say about two months went by with no delivery, so when I checked the status of the order, lo and behold, I had another order that I had placed a year before that I had totally forgotten about! Never had received it! I emailed them about both orders and I ended up receiving a combo order. That is, a few of the items of the first order with the most recent. I know I emailed them at least twice with no reply.

Needless to say, once my SS are gone, I'll be looking elsewhere.