Check this out...

I have been playing around with several things for the Soused Swap and in the process of playing around with reeds and reed diffusers I had the though about how monotonous they all look. Near every reed diffuser looks just like the one before it. Well, check these out. This was just a small sample bottle that I used to check sent throw (Soused Swappers, youll be getting a different bottle. I have not decided on reeds yet.)

post-6473-139458444171_thumb.jpg

post-6473-139458444172_thumb.jpg

Hey guys. I had completely forgot about this thread....

I love those curls! Do these reeds uptake the FO as well as the rattan or bamboo?

These are acutally made of rattan. I am testing the throw with them as we speak. They look to be working just like the straight ones do. The throw at this point is decent. I have it on our kitchen counter and you can smell it in the kitchen and parts of the dining room.

Now those are cool......

Can you buy them that way now?

They would really be a good conversation starter....

Well, I am not sure if you can buy them this way or not. I am making them myself. Heck, I may need to patent the process and start production...JK. They are actually very simple to make. I just take my reeds and place them in hot water. Let them sit for about 3 to 10 minutes. After they are much softer,(you sould be able to touch the two ends together without them splitting or cracking), the process will vary depending on what you want to do. For the curls, I used a curling iron the has "teeth" on it. I wrap the reed in between the teeth. I let it sit there for a few seconds. The longer you let it sit, the tighter the curls will be, but, be carefull. Too long and your reeds will burn. Dont forget to leave a straight end to stick into your bottle!!! After removing them from the curling iron, I would let them dry for a few days. The ones you saw were stuck into the bottle immediately and they work fine but let them dry to be on the safe side. I also did some "zig zagged" designs. I did these with our iron. They are more work.

If yall have any questions or need help, let me know. I will be glad to assist you.

...a curling iron the has "teeth" on it...

common006.gif SS, this RULES!! GOTTA love it!! I would NEVER have thought of that tool for any purpose because, having long hair, I have had so many negative experiences with getting my hair tangled in those that I consider them torture devices and off my radar!! At LAST!! I now have a REASON to keep the one I don't use!!!

OOOH BABY!!

:soap baby dance:

Love them!! Don't know how you would package them for sale but they are way cool. Great thinking outside of the box. I have short naturally wavy hair so never needed on of those curling irons. Looks like I need to add one to my wish list.

Sorry, but they look like worms and some Chinese dish my mom tried to make when my bro and I were little and it kinda looks like that. Neat that you varied the look, but I can't do worms. Now if there was a color option, that would be much better.

Sorry, but they look like worms and some Chinese dish my mom tried to make when my bro and I were little and it kinda looks like that. Neat that you varied the look, but I can't do worms. Now if there was a color option, that would be much better.

LOL now that you mention it I do see a resemblance to those Chinese noodles (which, by the way make a GREAT candy if you toss them with melted chocolate, put small mounds on a cookie sheet and let cool till they harden). Don't think worms, myself.

Adam, these are VERY neat and I'm impressed with your method - cool beans dude.

...... I am testing the throw with them as we speak. They look to be working just like the straight ones do. The throw at this point is decent. I have it on our kitchen counter and you can smell it in the kitchen and parts of the dining room.

I just wanted to update on the scent throw. So far they are doing great. They are actually doing much better then what I thought. I figured that the places that droop down would be where the FO stopped going up the reeds but so far, the reeds sucked FO all the way to the top except for one of the ones I cracked while I was playing around with it. The more that I play around with these, the more feasable they become.

NOW....someone mention coloring. I guess I'll have to play around with that too.

I'll be back in a few after I play with that.

i MENTioned coloring lol ... so they wouldn't look like worms ... but you have to cut me slack for a traumatic childhood.

LOL. I played with some coloring. I will post pics later. I have to work :sad2: so I don't have time right now. I am, however, gonna give you credit for my tye died hands.....