My son has excema

scentsational

Hello, I am in need of a recipe for excema. My son has had a pretty bad case of it since he was born. He is 9 years old now and I think I have tried evrything under the sun for it, mostly over the counter soaps and lotions. His pediatrician prescribed meds for it, but after reading the side effects, I was not willing to risk it for dry skin. I am not a soap maker, I just recently got into making candles. Not sure I even want to get into the soap, but would be willing to try it for him. Thanks for any help you can give

If you dont want to get into making soap yet....maybe someone here makes a good soap you could just order off of them??...

I am going to make a pine oil soap but have not made it yet....but maybe someone here has????

tootie

If you dont want to get into making soap yet....maybe someone here makes a good soap you could just order off of them??...

I am going to make a pine oil soap but have not made it yet....but maybe someone here has????

tootie

If there are no takers, let me know when you get it done. Thanks

Lorrie - I make pine tar soap for poison ivy and use a high coconut oil/low superfat combination. For eczema what superfat do you use? Is it a mild recipe then? My kids eczema is flaring up lately and I'm looking to nip it in the bud.

Carol...not Lorrie, but I make mine with high olive (41%) coconut, lard & cocoa butter and I use a 6% superfat. I just had a gal call me last week to tell me the eczema on her hands is totally gone after using my soap for about 2 weeks...she bought my last bar. I guess I need to make another batch.

Carol and Scentsational,

I have some pine tar soap that I would be more than happy to send you all I ask is pay the shipping.

It won't have a label on it because it was made for personal use. If you want it you can have it. Just pay the shipping.

I sent a bar to soycrazy about a year ago. I think it is a very mild soap but that's just me.

My grandson has excema and I have found that using any home made soap has helped him. His excema has cleared up and hasn't been back. That is with using different recipes, and scents. The one thing I always do is use castor oil in my soaps.

Before I made soap I was buying it, all kifferent kinds and scents, and it cleared him up. I have read not to use scents and use gentle soap for excema but from my own experience, as I said any home made soap works for him.

Carol and Scentsational,

I have some pine tar soap that I would be more than happy to send you all I ask is pay the shipping.

It won't have a label on it because it was made for personal use. If you want it you can have it. Just pay the shipping.

I sent a bar to soycrazy about a year ago. I think it is a very mild soap but that's just me.

I figured out why I can't pm you. I haven't been a member long enough. You are welcome to email me if you would. I would be more than happy to purchase the soap. I noticed you have a website, just don't know what it's called, pricing, etc. Thanks

Hello, I am in need of a recipe for excema. My son has had a pretty bad case of it since he was born. He is 9 years old now and I think I have tried evrything under the sun for it, mostly over the counter soaps and lotions. His pediatrician prescribed meds for it, but after reading the side effects, I was not willing to risk it for dry skin. I am not a soap maker, I just recently got into making candles. Not sure I even want to get into the soap, but would be willing to try it for him. Thanks for any help you can give

My 6 yr old daughter has had eczema since she was born. I did not hesitate using the prescription med her Dr gave us when I saw how misirable she was (3 months old) with her whole body covered with eczema rash from head to toe. The rash is quite itchy so treating it sooner the better to prevent infection from scratching. I only use the prescription creams now for occassional flareups especially in the winter. Rx meds are safe if used as directed. Untreated eczema causes unneccesary discomfort and may affect school age children's performance and self esteem.

I make an 80% Olive Oil 20% Coconut oil castille soap for her and have recently developed a Rice Bran oil soap (with Castor oil, Coconut oil, Palm oil, Soybean oil) for her which is just as good but not slimy -- it's my facial bar :). Soaps are completely scent free and colorant free. I also use Vanicream (not lotion) and the whole Free & Clear line (shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent for everyone's clothes). Hopefully, your son and my daughter are one of the 70% of children who will eventually outgrow their eczema.

I'm more than happy to send you some of the handmade Castille soaps I make. They are Free even shipping. My email address is RNccu7@yahoo.com

Thankfully, he has never complained much of itching. It amazes me, because his is much more noticeable than mine and I itch like crazy in the winter. Thank you for offering to send the soap to me. I will email you as well. Summer is almost here and we are at the creek and beach as much as possible. Even though I put like a 50 proof on him, the sun has been the best medicine so far.