Does anyone know how to make...

Something like these= http://www.dadant.com/decorative/Specialty.htm If I wanted to make them and didnt know how, but was going to try anyway I would do a high melt point wax for my first layers of the taper (hand dipped) then a lower mp wax on the outer dips and use pigments for the outer colors, then the lower mp wax would run down the sides while the center high mp will still burn. Reverse of wanting to make a taper candle dripless. ? Bruce

I have a bunch of old IGCA books from the 60's. :P

Instructions are.... You put drops of candle dye directly on the wick. Then dip your wick in white beeswax to make your taper. When the wax melts down to the different colors on the wick, Taa-Daa! You have different drips of color!

Those are really simple to make. :yay:

I have a bunch of old IGCA books from the 60's. :P

Instructions are.... You put drops of candle dye directly on the wick. Then dip your wick in white beeswax to make your taper. When the wax melts down to the different colors on the wick, Taa-Daa! You have different drips of color!

Those are really simple to make. :yay:

Now that sounds far out! I may just have to try that, with paraffin though, and see what happens...LOL

I was at World Bazaar with my daughter the other day and said "Oh look, here are the wine bottles that we use to put drip candles in"....she said "ICK".....she has no sense of humor for "groovy"......but alas, I remember it well. I spent hours holding candles and letting them drip so I could speed up the process. I want to try them again, after Christmas. Donita