Enough time to prepare?

bunkie68

I just got an invite to participate in my city's Spring Fling on May 3. I'm excited, but wondering if I have enough time to prepare. I work full-time and my candle/bath business is my second job (or third, when you factor in motherhood! LOL). Those of you who've done booths at festivals or craft shows, do you think I could put together a decent showing in the time I've got? If I can, it would be a great way to get my name out locally.

I've got a good bit of stock made up now in the form of tarts (I've been making things to fill orders, and I make extras), and scrubs don't take me that long to whip up. The booth fee is $45, so if I sold four scrubs, I'd make that back up. It's a five-hour deal, and I'd imagine it's a precursor to the bigger, two-day Fall Festival in October.

These are good questions, and things I might not necessarily have thought of - thank you! Any other thoughts or things I might need to consider?

I think only you can really answer this question. You know what inventory you have on hand, what you would need or want to take to the show and how fast you work. If you can get a decent selection of your stuff made, I'd say go for it.

I'm thinking I can do this. I can do this!!! :D I'd figured on maybe five or six scents in tarts and votives and scrubs, with sniffies of a good part of the rest of my scent list (I'm making up a bunch of different scents anyway, with orders to fill, it won't be a big deal to pour a little portion cup of wax when I'm making a batch of something or other). It will get my name out there, and if there's repeat business from the Spring Fling to the Fall Festival, they'll have seen me before. If I sell out, well, I'd consider that a good day. So, the form will go in on Monday, and I'll no doubt be wigging out from now until then. LOL But I can do it! Now, I'll have to go research to see what suggestions people have had for someone doing their first show. Thanks, y'all!

You should be fine and like you say it gets your name out there! Start now though!! I am so bad for putting it off! I always figure I have loads of time and then have to go in overdrive the two weeks before the show! Do you make lipbalms or things like that that don't take long to do and they fill the table?

Angela

For a small show I figure what I can fit on a 6' table. Its quite a lot actually but not too much you knock yourself out making stuff. I know how to get about $1000 worth of saleable goodies on that table. Also keep in mind you don't want too much to set up at a smaller show. So also think about setting up and breaking down quickly.