My first baby

I finally stepped to the other side & gave birth 2 days ago :D I cut the cord today & decided to give her some balls while she's still young.

Unscented w/ a botched (last minute thought) "swirl in the pot" and tiny air bubble thingies & tiny color clumps all over the place, yet, I'm proud. The fear of the lye went away as soon as I poured it in the water. I'm so glad the first time is over. Almost like the first time I..um, forget it...there may be kids reading here:laugh2:

Everything went almost textbook...except for a couple of things here & there that I'll get better with in time. I rebatched some of it so I could get my Neem on.

OK, back to soap calc so I can plug in my 50th recipe LOL.

One thing I don't get is how all of you talk about how addictive CP is. PULEEZE! It's really nothing special. I could never get addicted. Definitely not from one tiny batch. Nope. Not me. No way. NEVER!

Just because I went to walmart at 10pm to get coconut oil & lard so it would be here for me to soap this weekend DOES NOT mean I'm addicted! And yeah, I went to soaper's choice to price some oils, but I use oils all the time and it's time to buy in bulk...you know, for my body oils. And...and just because I called my carpenter friend about making me some wooden molds doesn't mean anything either. I just want the molds for bubble bars that I don't make.

gotta go...soap calc is calling me like crack!

post-5496-139458443756_thumb.jpg

post-5496-139458443761_thumb.jpg

Woo hoo!!!! :yay:

:soap baby dance:

Just because I went to walmart at 10pm to get coconut oil & lard so it would be here for me to soap this weekend DOES NOT mean I'm addicted! And yeah, I went to soaper's choice to price some oils, but I use oils all the time and it's time to buy in bulk...you know, for my body oils. And...and just because I called my carpenter friend about making me some wooden molds doesn't mean anything either. I just want the molds for bubble bars that I don't make.

gotta go...soap calc is calling me like crack!

Oh yeah you got it bad already! ;)

I've actually been looking around the property the past weeks, for any sign of any hard woods that I can molds from. Damn snow hiding all the good stuff though. I had a brilliant idea. Pallets. I asked husband to pick up any while at work that anyone is giving away. Untreated raw wood. :drool:

Your baby is beautiful balls and all!!! Congrats!!! :yay:

• 2 weeks later...