Are you a day soaper or a night soaper?

Fire and Ice

I'm definately a night soaper! I spend my day working when I'm employed and daytime is when I'm out of the cabin doing stuff like splitting wood or delivering candles or just basic running around.

Night time is when the cabin is really warmong up from the wood burners and I know I'm either making soap or pouring candles! I think better at night.:D

Fire

I was going to say that I'm more of a nighttime soaper, but come to think about it, I think I soap an equal amount during daytime hours too. I do like soaping late at night though. Everything's quiet, I'm the only one up, all is right with the world, (or else it's all wrong and I need the therapy anyway...lmbo!)

I like to do my soaping at night, I'm a night owl. I'm more productive at night. I can think better without the kids and hubby up my butt all the time..lol :D

I soap cold to, so like to melt my oils and cool my lye during the day.

Sharon

The two times I've done it have been at night. It's quiet and safer for me. The kids are fast asleep and I still use safety gates to block off the kitchen. First two times I wound up ending at like 3 am though and that took a lot out of me. Have to do it a little earlier. :(

I'm definitely a morning soaper. Dh is off working early in the morning and DD sleeps late so I have lots of blissfully peaceful soaping time then. By the time she gets up and the dogs get underfoot, I have several batches in mold and have started on the mountain of housework that magically pops up every day. Funny since no one seems to ever dirty a dish or piece of clothing :tongue2: .

Rena

night soaper here-when Bf is off at work-he sleeps during day and our house is horribly planned for noise-so think he would kill me and the blender if did during day.

Tend to get everything out and measured right before he gets up and then when he walks out the door-i am ready to go!!

My kids could sleep through a circus in their bedrooms - once they are out they are OUT! But I toss a gate up too even though they are a bit older - I want to have the warning of their presence, especially since I wear my iPod while I soap. Can't have anyone sneaking up behind me!

Mine are older too. Almost 8 and 5 1/2. They come down to tinkle and I usually wait till then to start. I don't want to have to have the "discussion" on why they can't watch me. When son goes to school in Sept (he missed the cut off date this past year), I will be doing everything during the day. I can't wait so I can actually sleep at night again! Instead of doing candles or soap after they're asleep. LOL :)

OMG that's funny!!! ;)

My husband works such changing hours so I'm the one who deals mostly with the home stuff and he does all the serious bacon making. I wanted to do something with myself when the youngest is in school, which is why I thought this would be a fun thing to do. God willing, one day I can make a business of it and at least get to have fun while breaking even! Would be nice to be a few dollars ahead even. I'll think small though. Whatever happens, happens! ;)

I'm doing this all backwards too you know. I have my insurance already and nothing to sell yet!!! What is wrong with me??? :laugh2:

I think by nature I'm a night soaper. But by convenience I'm a day soaper, and generally when everyone was out of the house. Even when it is night I never know if someone's going to be up and out of their bed for one reason or another. Makes me nervous.

I'm actually looking for bells to put on the kids doors for night time. This way if they wake up and go through the door, I'll hear them before they even get near the gates. I stayed up so late with my first two batches, I really am not looking forward to that again. I have to just assign the hubby to keep the kids occupied next time so I can do my soaping earlier. Those 3 am nights killed me the next day. :(