Wick straightener left on candle for sale?

A co-worker's child recently had a fund raiser. I only do tarts, so ordered one. It's a 13 oz mason jar, no clue if it's soy, soy blend or paraffin. Doesn't say, but looks like soy or soy blend. Some people have the wick straightener in the jar! I've never seen or heard of anyone intentionally doing this before.

Their website says "We have patented our unique wick straightener which ensures your wick is centered every time." Ok, but why is it included? I didn't get one, and the other person who ordered this scent didn't. Someone even got a small 4 jar set, and all 4 had the straighteners.

one vacation on my way back home i stopped in a craft shop and saw some jars of candles with a black plastic ring with cross bars and in the center was a clip of some sort holding the wick... cant remember the name of the candle company but i wrote it down and called them about it, wanted to know where i could get them... they told me the same thing, they designed it and produced it for their candles... wouldnt sell me any... lol their cost was cheap eough they could just leave hem in the jars.

that company is called your own candle, you can buy the candles from obi probably other places. They leave the straigheners in becuase it is cheaper for them to do so. They do not have to pay anybody to pull them out clip the wicks, etc. All the ones I have seen have them in it.

The wick straighteners are available through www.buywax.com.

They are paraffin, or at least they were.

For those that leave these on, don't you worry about your customer not taking them off before burning your candle? I'm referring to those that are plastic. Even if you put a disclaimer or some kind of instruction on the candle, we all know that most customers don't pay attention to such things. So how do you handle that?

that company is called your own candle, you can buy the candles from obi probably other places. They leave the straigheners in becuase it is cheaper for them to do so. They do not have to pay anybody to pull them out clip the wicks, etc. All the ones I have seen have them in it.

Actually, it's Our Own Candle Company. Hmm.... maybe someone got bored and took it out of the Lemon Pound Cakes, because none of those had it in there.

For those that leave these on, don't you worry about your customer not taking them off before burning your candle? I'm referring to those that are plastic. Even if you put a disclaimer or some kind of instruction on the candle, we all know that most customers don't pay attention to such things. So how do you handle that?

that would be my concern

that would be my concern

I just don't understand why this does not seem to be a concern for those that do it. To me, this is crazy. I don't understand not taking the time to take a potential danger out of your candle. Unless I am not quite understanding this whole thing. :undecided

I, too, am baffled by this. :confused: These things are pouring aids and should be removed before sale. The labor it takes to remove them and trim wicks is part of normal finishing work. I can easily see how a customer might be confused and think this was something to be left in place. I wouldn't leave a popsicle stick, bow tie or clothespin on a finished candle, so I cannot see leaving these on either. To me, it makes a poor presentation of the product. JMO...:undecided