Unique Scents

kelsey

I am getting into the candle business and I would very much like to carry unique scents not the typical fruits, florals etc. that can be found everywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions of unique Fo's or suppliers?

Thank you

Kelsey

candle science, peak, tn candle, ky candle, bluegrass, bert's, solas, oregon trail, northstar, farmhouse, heartfelt, widlfire, BCN, BCS, WSP, Daystar, tradewinds, scent works, just by nature, tony's, flicker's, millcreek, nature's garden, lonestar, candles & supplies, candle cocoon, scented bean, a garden eastward, fragrance oil central, fragrance oil heaven, fragrances by design, greenleaf, ICS, backwoods... that's a start...

ETA: I've only tested oils from a few of these, sorry I'm not more help!

The only way you are going to get truly unique fragrances is to blend them yourself, remembering to keep detailed notes of exactly how much of what has been used so you can duplicate it.

There are so many suppliers out there you are sure to find something different if you don't want to blend your own.

Sally.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm hoping not to have to blend myself, it's complicated enough smelling all the different ones and deciding on which ones to choose. By the way I am using C3 soy.

Kelsey

May I ask why not? I love blending my own scents and coming up with something that the customer can only buy from me.

I think Greenleaf has unique scents same as Just By Nature. I guess they are owned by family so some of their scents might be duplicates. I once ordered a sampler from JBN I only chose scents with patchoulie, amber or some other woodsy note to it. Long story short, all ten samples were on a table with stick em notes by two jars of each. SOMEone moved every jar and I had a hard time figuring out which was which. But every scent threw in my soy and was great. I figured out a few Cituis and Teak and Cinnamon Bayberry are both very good, and unique in my opinion.

Good Luck on your unique scents, as Martha Stewart says "Dont follow trends, start them"

Natalie

May I ask why not? I love blending my own scents and coming up with something that the customer can only buy from me.

I'm with you on that point! The only way to get a truly unique fragrance is to blend it yourself.

I started blending my own last year and now more than 2/3rds of my fragrances are my own custom blends. I also get a much better reaction from customers with my own blends.

But it took me a while to get a 'nose' for blending. Now I can pretty much smell a fragrance and decide what I want to blend it with. Its fun!

I think we misunderstood her definition of unique.

I think she was not looking for something her customers can only get from her....but different types of fragrances that weren't apple, peach, etc that she didn't have to do herself.

Which doesn't make them unique since others can buy them....just different.