Fo?

It will depend on the fragrance formula, as each fragrance is different. Typically a 5% Fragrance level will give good throw and of course 7% AND 10% will give more, so it depends on what you want.

5% of a pound is 23 grams or about 3/4 of an ounce. The more fragrance you use the more it will cost and the greater chance the fragrance will have adverse affect on the burning...(Smoking or carbon build up)

Lots of people use up to 10% and they smell great, but it is more common to use around 5%.

One ounce per pound would be about 5.9% and should work.

The spec on this wax says "Fragrance oil retention of 6% typically"

Again, the amount you can dissolve will depend on the type of fragrance as well as how hot you want to heat the wax..

Be selective with your fragrances. It would be nice if we could use a fragrance just based on how much we like it or need it, but candle design isn't always that simple.

1 oz per lb is a reasonable maximum for that wax. There are fragrances that will work great at that level and even fragrances that will work at 1/2 oz. You have to buy a lot of samples and test them.

That is probably the main thing to focus on, but you may also notice differences with the choice of wick.

I got lost, Top...

is the main thing you're telling us to focus on being selective or testing?

I say both if you ask me. After 8 years of making the scented stuff, I still have plenty of scents that I would like to carry but have not found any supplier that could provide me those scents that have the fragrance throw I require.

Bruce

Gotta test to select, right?

Like Bruce says, it's all about finding the ones that work in your application. Even if you were limited to 1/2 oz pp there are fragrance oils that would work. You just have to invest time and money into finding them.

I really like Apples & Oak fragrances but I never found one that works worth a damn at a usage rate that fits into my designs, so I leave it to the folks who put 10% fragrance into their candles. Took some $$$ and work to find that out, but so it goes.