Survey - Do you wash new jars/containers before using them

As posted, I do not wash; I spray inside with a little alcohol, air dry and use wick stkickums from BC. The jars I buy are not dirty. They are turned upside down in the box within the pallet. I also pour a LOT of candles and would never have time to wash them. Carole

I don't wash them. I'am like VerticallyEnhanced, wouldn't have the space. But I do wipe mine real good with Mr Clean reusable wipe. If I see anything stubborn I will use alcohol. I use hot glue to stick my wicks. Never had a problem.

I am wondering if some jars are just "cleaner" than others.

The first batch of soy jars I did, I washed the jars as I always do, and they look great.

The second batch, I just wiped out with a baby wipe, then a dry towel. I haven't seen them yet, but my partner tells me that there are quite a few wet spots on the jars. Normally, due to our label, that wouldn't matter - but these are being used as bridal shower favors and clear labels are going to be on them.

The next batch I do, I will wash the jars - but I have still not given up on trying to figure out a better way to prepare the jars without total washing. I will definitely try some of the ideas mentioned.

If the wet spots are due to wax, it would not bother me as much...but since they can be avoided by washing the jars, I will do it.

But if I were a larger business with larger orders, this would be tedious and one of those things I would want/need to knock out of the process!! Will just continue testing ways to deal with it!

Guest Candelishis

Baby wipes might not be a good thing to use - they usually contain some sort of moisturizing product, AKA oil. They'll leave a residue. Try windex, or if you really like the baby wipes, they make windex wipes. give them a shot.

I have NEVER washed any jars & won't. We spray the inside bottom of each tureen & let the alcohol air dry. Wick sticks great. Carole

Brilliant idea!

I don't wash mine-case to tray to pour-back to case. I didn't even have a dishwasher til we moved in september, no freakin' way was I gonna wash 'em all by hand, why start now?