NEED help with mixing idea's using 2 scents?

classylady71118

I have a pound of Lemon Spice from GL but for some strange reason I can't sell ANYTHING with Lemon? :undecided I need some idea's of what other scents I can use it as a mix?

I also have almost a pound of NG Cinnamon Bun and again no buyers. This is a straight Cinn. Bun, no frosting...and yes I have tried mixing it with a Cream Cheese frosting AND buttercream in 2 different candles. NO interest?

TIA,

Beverly

I got some great mixing ideas from BCN's site.

Go to the scent category and there is a section with great mixers . Quite a few good ideas to try.I just don't have time now to try any. Comes up with some unique fragrances when mixing 2 together.

Like Almond Joy etc. I never see that scent. Have what someone else doesn't have.

LynnS

Try the Lemon with the Vanilla. I would probably do more lemon with a hint of vanilla, call it lemon meringue pie. Sometimes a cream base will tame down the citrus the lemon enough to make it creamy and people will buy it.

Lemon and sage go together, or add a bit of coconut to it and go for a 'tropical' scent. TONS of things to mix with lemon!

Cinnamon..hrm..thats a tough one! LOL Have anything with a nutmeg or pumpkin base to it?

A lot of scents mix with lemon......try blueberry or raspberry (call it raspberry lemonade), amber, sandalwood, lavender with a touch of patchouli, or orange & lime for a fruit mix.

Mix sandalwood with your cinnamon, or bayberry, hazelnut & coffee are great mixed with cinnamon.

Just start experimenting and go wild!! ;)

Lemon should mix well with most fruit, floral, or clean scents. I mix a lemon FO with a linen FO and its smells divine.

Cinnamon buns would mix well with cedar, vanilla, gingerbread, graham cracker, apple, peach, bayberry, pine/balsam, sandalwood, just to name a few.

Good luck! I love trying new blends.

Cinnamon bun might go well with apple. Apple mixes suprisingly well with many different types of scents--florals, citrus, and spice.

What is the "spice" in your Lemon Spice? Can you tell if it's hint of clove, or ginger? Try mixing it with bayberry. It might sound nasty, but I've got people who LOVE the combination. Also, some florals can blend well with lemon, such as lavender or lily of the valley; but if the spicey notes are very prominent the floral thing might not work out too well.

Also, if you think the Lemon Spice smells good but it simply doesn't sell, maybe a name change could do the trick.