Just Scents FO in soy?

Hi,

I have not tested all the JS oils that I have in soy yet -- mostly in paraffin. The ones that I do use so far are:

Vanilla of Pearl

Lavender Vanilla

Both of these have a good throw in Calsoy CB-3. I need to get busy and try the others in soy. I use some others in the JS-123.

~Holly

To those that use soy wax - which of the FO's have you used and liked from Just Scents? I've made both soy and paraffin candles and know how differently the same FO can be in each wax.

I was thinking of ordering from them...what are your findings before I do.

Thanks In Advance!

I should have explained that a little better - I haven't purchased any FO's from JS yet. I have purchased other FO's from different companies and when I made paraffin candle and soy(I am only doing soy now)I noticed that not all scents were equal in each wax. I learned from experience and wasting alot of money that it's worth the time to see if a FO has been tested in soy. There is a minimum of 10 sample size purchase from JS unless you order 1lb of an FO and then you get 3 free. Well, call me cheap but I don't want to waste my money if there hasn't been good reports with the FO in soy. Being stuck with 10 bottles of FO is alot to me even if they are only sample sizes.

Heres a feature of the Just scent site not alot of people know about. If you hold your mouse cursor over the picture that is associated with each scent, it will pop up and give you a small review of how that scent works in soy. It might help you get an idea of which scents to order. I also have hundred of reviews on Just scent scents on my message board, www.grandscentral.com

I love their scents in soy! I have used pink bombshell (love it!) and chestnuts and brown sugar is strong! smells like butterscotch. My special recipe (eggnog) is very good. Merlot is strong. I have a bunch more I haven't burned yet.:pThey are having a terriffic sale this week!

I think you will be thrilled with Becky's scents. They are top notch, and very strong in soy. I think the best question is what doesn't throw in soy from JS, because 99.9% do.

If you do a search, you will find lots of rec's, I have listed mine recently.

On the top of my head here are a few (LOL)--

Cranberry Orange, spice, sauce, ---all are my favorites

brown sugar pecan--awesome new scent!

chestnuts and brown sugar

nutty spiced vanilla

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

Totally scrumptious

creme de la creme

ulitimate vanilla

vanilla of pearl

citrus linen h20

country clothesline

hyacinth chula orchid

lilac

honeysuckle

pumpkin spice

pumpkin nog

bazooka bubble gum

christmas cookies

butter cookie

chocolate peanut butter brownie

cinnamon cider

buttermint candy

eggnog

hot buttered rum

mulberry

fizzy pops

cinnamon vanilla

black cherry, wild cherry

berrie buttercream

buttercream icing

nana's apple butter

perfect pear

rasp. vanilla cream

Ok, you get the picture, they are such nice scents. Give them a try. Her sample pack is so reasonable, I don't know of any other supplier out there that gives away so many freebies.

J

I should have explained that a little better - I haven't purchased any FO's from JS yet. I have purchased other FO's from different companies and when I made paraffin candle and soy(I am only doing soy now)I noticed that not all scents were equal in each wax. I learned from experience and wasting alot of money that it's worth the time to see if a FO has been tested in soy. There is a minimum of 10 sample size purchase from JS unless you order 1lb of an FO and then you get 3 free. Well, call me cheap but I don't want to waste my money if there hasn't been good reports with the FO in soy. Being stuck with 10 bottles of FO is alot to me even if they are only sample sizes.

I don't think you have to worry, you are going to love her oils. You have to test them for yourself, though, to truly know what is going to work in your wax, wick, jar combo. That is a cost in making candles. I have three full walls of samples from many companies. Expensive? You bet! But that is what it takes to be a chandler.

You can read rec's from others, but you are going to find everyone has different results.

Give these a try while the sale is on, you can't beat the prices.

J

Jordan, how much JS FO do you use? I tested about 8 FO's in 6006 (part soy) at 10% and am getting very little scent throw cold and less hot throw (after three days of curing.) How can there be such a difference of opinion? I really wanted these FO's to work as they are reasonable in price and I am trying to get away from the high-end oils (WSP.)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply and list your soy scents!

Melly,

Thanks for pointing that tip out! I would have never discovered it on my own!!!

Marilyn,

Does the Merlot have a stong grape scent? I've tried a couple of wine type scents and most had a overwhelming grape scent.

Jordan,

I have three full walls of samples from many companies. Expensive? You bet! But that is what it takes to be a chandler.

I know what you mean because I probably have at least 1. But I am not a big candle producer like most of you guys seem to be. I am on a much smaller scale and most of my sales come from family and friends. So I don't have a large budget. That's why I like to find out if FO's have been tested in soy first. Most of scents I would like to try have been listed here so I'll order some samples!

Thanks again everyone!

Bugtussle, maybe you are using too much FO. I understand cutting down on fragance amounts can actually improve the scent.

KMommy, the merlot isn't overwelmingly grape OOB to me. I made a bunch of samples to send to my son's office including merlot but I can't remember how it was in wax! I'll let you know when they send them back, tomorrow I hope!

• 4 weeks later...
Heres a feature of the Just scent site not alot of people know about. If you hold your mouse cursor over the picture that is associated with each scent, it will pop up and give you a small review of how that scent works in soy. It might help you get an idea of which scents to order

Thanks for sharing this... I would have never known because I use netscape most of the time and it doesn't work with it... it does with IE... I've been wondering what to try... I just searched here trying to find a soy review site for Just Scents and this thread popped up... :highfive:

Christa