Pillar Wax - n00bie question

Hello,

I am fairly new at making candles. Have only made container candles so far. I have purchased some Ecosoya pillar blend wax and would like to know whether it is successful in pillar candles.

The reason I ask this is because one of my suppliers here in Australia told me not to waste my time making pillars as the soy wax is no good.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Leanne

This is the wax I use for pillars and votives after trying another soy pillar wax. I love it, its easy to work with and realeases easy from the molds. I also think it has a very good hot throw. every once in a great while I add color to this wax and it still looks ad burns good, i just prefer the white natural look of it.

I like soy pillars and votives. I like the brand you are using too. I have found that it can be kind of powdery looking and brittle sometimes. It seems the best way to deal with this is to add a small amount of a softer pillar wax. Bottom line is that what you are using makes pillars fine, you just may have to make some adjustments.