Stella McCartney Type

CBE

Scented in Stella type from JS (which by the way smells fantastic, I got 3lbs of this stuff!). Used TKB's Apple Green Pop for the swirl (it's time to get more colors eh? Thank Goodness for the Co-op going on) :)

I had a bit of work with this one because I used a high percentage of lard and hard oils. By the time I started soaping, my oils had semi-solidified and I thought... Oh well... I'll just soap like this. The whole time soaping from start to finish was like working with the soap at super heavy trace (I soap stone cold). Not fun. But I got everything incorporated well, and it worked out alright.

Thanks for looking!

stellatype2.jpg

That is awesome! Talk to me about those Pops! I am dying to give those a whirl and think I just may find myself in the Co-op! lol

How much of the mica did you add to what amount of soap for that killer color? They are just so pretty my fingers are itching to order them!

BTW what does that scent smell like? I've not sniffed it yet. Love the soap too! :)

Well, I only got three Pop Colors, so I'm taking advantage of the co-op to get more of the Pop Colors, plus some more micas. :yay:

To be honest with you, I don't measure my colors for my swirl portions, I just use my own judgement. I guess maybe.... 1/4-1/2 tsp for my swirl portion, maybe less (depending on the amount of your swirl portion). In my experience, it all depends on the mica that you are using. Some micas I only have to use a small amount, while others I have to use more than usual to get the effects I want. I guess you just need to experiment to see what amounts are right for you to achieve the visual effects you are looking for. :) I mix it up with a little bit of my oil from my soap batch before I add my lye water.

And yes... I LOVE Stella type. It smells perfumey... but not overpowering. More like a clean-perfumey. :) Does that make sense? LOL

Good Lord just what I needed, more stuff! UGH! lol That sounds like a good scent. I hate things that smell perfumey. I like the pretty airy scents, that sounds more like that may be. I think I will have to score me a trip to the mall tonite to sniff. heehee

You sound like me measuring. That isn't a whole lot of mica though and sure gives a POPPING color! heehee no pun intended. LOL I have to get myself some of those. They look just rock star awesome! :)

How pretty! I like both the texture and the color you got on this one very much.

I want those pop colors so bad and also some of the micas, but I need to purchase some more oils first and see what I have left to play with. I really don't wanna miss the co-op though. Ugh, I hate times like these.