Wickless Candles

VanillaSniffie

I've been thinking. I have a lot of formulas that no matter how hard I ahve tried can't get them wicked with horrible results. I was going to throw them out but my husband said to make them into wickless candles. For those of you who have websites and shops, are wickless candles that popular? What about wax dipped animals?

I thought I lost my post so i posted it again. Oops. Anyway, I am having a hell of a time with J223. I was using bigger wicks they weren't working. Was adviced to use less FO and try again. One attempt out of seven produced a good candle. Not using any additives except scent a few drops of dye. I am going to keep trying but I was just wondering how popular wickless candles really are, if it comes to me needing to turn the wax into them.

3" small apothecary jar. 2.5" high. used Secret Crush from Lonestar Candle Co. RRD 34 wick. ( Don't have anything smaller than LX12 for wicks) 6% FO. Just am not getting a good hot scent throw

Didn't tifftiff used to use that wax? Maybe she knows what wicks to use? Maybe she could offer some advice since she got you hooked on this stuff! LOL I'd walk over to your neighbor tifftiff's in Washington/Wisconsin (near Idaho), and ask her to lend you some darned wicks already! Either that, or to give you some hint of what she's having success with right now. She hasn't been around, so she must be doing well at this point. Probably churning out 100 candles a day if I know her! She was on a roll, testing all those different waxes. Almost as busy as that Candlemaker74, testing like 100 things at a time. LOL ;)

Wish I could help you. I'm no where near thinking about selling anything at this point, so I have no idea about wickless candles. Sorry. :(

She has never used J223. She's been counting on me to experiment with it and give her the recipes, LOL! I know she uses 4630 a lot and soy. A LOT OF SOY. She has offered her advice and expertise but her famous saying is.... "If I do it for you then you're not doing it" (rollseyes)

She just got married and was on her honeymoon is probably why she is not on much. She is back now and I love her dearly for all the advice she has given me. She has given me all of her Pillar/Molds and 4630 recipes that's why I don't post much about them. I have just ventured off into the unknown land of wax I guess.

I'm not anywhere near business either. I just hate to waste the wax. I will just put it away for now and go beat my head on the counter. LOL.

I was working with 3 waxes at a time when I started this. I couldn't handle it and went back down to one, soy. I wanted a break from it and had a few formulas I was happy with, plus the ones that she offered up. So I moved on to J223. Not sure that was smart.

Anyway Vio, thanks for the reply. I'll figure something out I guess.

Tiff Tiff got married again that fast - she was just working with her husband and their Uhaul business....who she makes candles fast and goes thru marriages fast.......

I can't keep up.

Last time she posted she posted her friend from the board got married and was on their honeymoon.

Ya'll should keep up with the stories ya know.

I don't know about her friend getting married. Not sure which one she is talking about???? I have been married for 6 years so I don't think it was me. As for her husband and her having a U haul business, they do. But they just got married, unless she was calling him her husband even though technically they weren't yet. But even then he would be a fiancee, not hubby, Shrugs shoulders, not sure.

I don't know what she told you before she introduced me to the board, nor do I care. I am here to talk about candles, seek advice and share my stories. Not trying to be rude but I'm not responsible for what someone else has posted here, whether be truth or fabricated.

Anyway.... this post should obviously be deleted because it is totally off toppic from what I was wanting.

So you know suds_n_flames and honeybear73 too then! Very cool! What are they working on now? Are they doing wickless candles yet? Like 6 people all related or friends, you gotta have one there that knows something to give you a hint of what wick to try to get this recipe to work for you.

So you know suds_n_flames and honeybear73 too then! Very cool! What are they working on now? Are they doing wickless candles yet? Like 6 people all related or friends, you gotta have one there that knows something to give you a hint of what wick to try to get this recipe to work for you.

So true!

I make wickless candles and it seems like no one had ever heard of it around here. So it is a new thing around here.

I am sorry to sound abrupt, but have you EVER used the search tool here? Wickless "candles" are not new to his board and many threads have been started about them.

I know you are mocking me and it really doesn't matter. Your opinions and side comments don't bother me. I met the Suds_n_Flamez lady through Tiffany but would not call it a friendship or even an aqquaitance. We met once, briefly. AS far as the other lady.... not sure who that is? If she is from Lewiston or Clarkston, maybe. If not then no. Tiffany and I grew up together but live in separate towns in separate states.Hey here's a thought..why don't we talk about making candles.... that is what the board is for, right?

Here's another for you.... if you all are so smart, so successful and have the candle biz down.... and hate people who ask for advice what the hell are you doing on a forum about making candles? You all freak out when someone answers a question and constantly come back with "use the search feature", which I actually do all the time but sometimes a live response is better, there is no need for you to come here. Oh! Can't forget the constant badgering if GOD FORBID you know someone else on the board. It must be tiresome...

I know you are mocking me and it really doesn't matter. Your opinions and side comments don't bother me. I met the Suds_n_Flamez lady through Tiffany but would not call it a friendship or even an aqquaitance. We met once, briefly. AS far as the other lady.... not sure who that is?

Suds_n_Flamez is related to honeybear73, who created honeybear73 because they were sharing suds_n_flamez and they got in an argument or something like that...so if you know the sudz_n_flamez you should know honeybear73.. just my observation...

Do I have to spell it out in Candle wax????? I DO NOT KNOW SUDS_N_FLAMEZ! ONE MEETING. IT WAS MAYBE 5 MINUTE TALK IF THAT. Which I doubt. Long enough to exchange names. That was before I ever thought of making them myself. Candles weren't even mentioned. And I don't even remember the chic's name. DO YOU KNOW EVERYONE YOUR FRIENDS KNOW? My brothers and sisters know people I don't know.

I know you are mocking me and it really doesn't matter. Your opinions and side comments don't bother me. I met the Suds_n_Flamez lady through Tiffany but would not call it a friendship or even an aqquaitance. We met once, briefly. AS far as the other lady.... not sure who that is? If she is from Lewiston or Clarkston, maybe. If not then no. Tiffany and I grew up together but live in separate towns in separate states.Hey here's a thought..why don't we talk about making candles.... that is what the board is for, right?

Tifftiff had posted she lived in both Wisconsin and Washington state as well. Very confusing. :(

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65367&highlight=vanillasniffie

Hello everyone. I am a newbie here as well. My neighbor, TiffTiff89 told me to come here because she gets so much good advice on here. She is actually the reason I want to make candles. Even though I have seen her get mad, throw stuff, stress out and almost cry when a candle does not come out right - her actions when one does makes me wanna try. I will not be selling them or anything, I'll leave that to her. She keeps telling me that will change, that candle making is very addicting. We'll see. Anyway - just wanted to tell you all hi.

I hope you can see how people are very confused. This is why, in trying to help you, I suggested you might want to ask your neighbor to give you some wicks to test.

My head hurts. :(

LOL. I understand that. But people can't move? Is that what you are trying to tell me? We were neighbors while we were waiting for our house to be built. We lived in a rinky dink apartment building. My hubby and I just moved in to our new home 3 days before Christmas. As I stated in yet another post. I don't know what TiffTiff told you all. She could have told you she has three legs and 14 kids for all I know. I am not responsible for what she posted. Maybe she lied, maybe she is trying to keep her real info hidden. I DON'T KNOW. But most of you are insinuating that I am all of these people, and are basically trying to badger me into admitting I am, and I am not going to do it, nor does it have anything to do with candle making. So I guess I will have to go back and search all of her posts as well as this honeybear73 so I know what I am, and what I am not being accused of saying.

Or here's a thought. let's just drop the subject all together. I don't care if you think I am the Boogey Man, as long as we can chat about candles. What is the point of making someone else look like a dumbshit. Does that make you all feel good? If so, you have dull lives.