Reviews for Berts Oils...

islandgirl

Finally got around to testing some of these.

With all the hype... I had to check out Berts…, and glad I did.

Soy Wax @ 1.25 oz/pp, 48 hr cure time......

Apricot – CT & HT –Strong. This one smells like FRUITY FEET. Great throw but not to keen on the scent at all. Yucky…

Chamomile - Nice. Throws well in a med. size bedroom on first burn. (still testing HT~ so far, so good)

Cucumber & Melon - Cold and Hot throw is very good. Clean, Crisp and true to it's name. Fills a family size room nicely for what I think is lighter scent to begin with. Keeps a room smelling fresh, even after the flame is extinguished.

Fig and Melon- Throw is medium+, and fills a room.

But not digging the fig in this…

Fresh Pear- Working well in my wax. I walked into the room and the pear smacked me in the face. I even had dye in my hair and can smell this candle!!!! It is a true pear. Love this one..

Herbal- Hot throw is amazing. It just keeps getting stronger.. WOW. WOW… WOW..

I did not expect this as the cold throw was ok. Very fresh and clean like herbal essence shampoo. Pleasantly surprised with this FO. Going to cut back to 1oz/pp and try it.

Best Herbal FO yet in my soy wax....

Lemon Biscotti - Cold throw- Yummy. Hot throw Very Good-

Love the lemon in it, but getting a burnt smell.

The Lemon lingers in the room hours later…

My kids like it, but there is something in it I don't care for.

I am surprised that I got ALL 7 to throw in soy. I may not care for a few of the scents, but they all have Hot Throws!!!! … HTH

Great reviews ... I agree with you on the Lemon Biscotti Pie. However, the Fig & Melon is an awesome thrower for me, it fills my LR, DR, foyer, and down the hallway and, I love this scent.

50/50 soy blend

htp 104

8%

4 day cure

Now I have to order the Herbal, Fresh Pear, and Cuc & Melon. ;)

Thanks for the reviews...the herbal one is on my list for my next order. Right now I use CS's Basil & Herb and love it.

Every time I think a scent (from any supplier) has an off smell, somebody will walk in and say it smells great...go figure! Different smells for different noses.

the Fig & Melon is an awesome thrower for me, it fills my LR, DR, foyer, and down the hallway and, I love this scent.

;)

I moved this candle to my family room. Wanted to try it again. My hubby and kids went in and......

My husband said he thought this one smelled like Fruity *ss!!!moon.gif LMAO

My kids we gagging on this one.. My oldest ran and got a fan!!!

Every time I think a scent (from any supplier) has an off smell, somebody will walk in and say it smells great...go figure! Different smells for different noses.

So true.....

I am very happy with the results of Berts oils in my wax. I may not personally care for some of the scents, but at least the ones I have tried have a kick to them..

Vio.. Herbal Rocks... Very strong...

the hyacinth is the best i've found.

gb415 pure soy wax

1.5oz. pp

1 day cure

will knock ya down strong. going to cut back to 1oz. pp.

I've not put that in my wax yet , to me it doesn't smell like the hyacinths growing in my garden & that's put me off.

I'll give it a go next week, it may change in the wax.

The sweet pea also doesn't smell like the flowers to me.

Has anyone got any feedback on that one yet?

However I have had fabulous results with rose, jasmine, lavender, cashmere, all can be cut back to 7% or less & still be strong.

Sally.

I've noticed that with a lot of Bert's oils the OOB smell is sometimes off. However, any that have thrown me off OOB have been excellent once I get them into wax.

I was thrown off by the Hyacinth also but that is one strong and true fragrance in my wax, the same with her Warm Vanilla Sugar.

the hyacinth to me smells identical to bcn's hyacinth closeout if you ever tried it. bcn has been out of the closeout hyacinth for more then a year. i have ordered hyacinth samples from everywhere & this is the only one that has passed my test. i'm not sure how close to real hyacinth it is, but it gets a thumbs up in my book.

Have you had to wick up with the lemon biscotti fo? I love the smell and have poured it a couple of times and cant get this one wicked. I actually poured 2 more this AM of this scent 2 dfferent sizes of wicks) along with many others. I so hope I can get it wicked lol

Have you had to wick up with the lemon biscotti fo? I love the smell and have poured it a couple of times and cant get this one wicked. I actually poured 2 more this AM of this scent 2 dfferent sizes of wicks) along with many others. I so hope I can get it wicked lol

I wicked up one size and cut back a wee bit on the oil, it's a keeper....

Well I lit the lemon biscotti today after 24hr cause I couldnt stand it any more the CT was so yummy. With my wick up it seems to be doing well and the ht is good also. I could smell it in my front room where it is.

Vanilla latte' good ht as well have it in my bathroom and the smell is coming down the steps.

cool water type. not my cup of tea for a FO that I would buy but it smells good and the throw is good. Daughter really likes this one.

Tropical vanilla, getting a fuel smell with this one so will have to see if i add something else to it if it helps.

all the above burned for about 4-5 hours then I blew them out so I could re-lite tonight.

Rasberry Brule' has a very strong HT and is taking over the entire house. I re lite the above ones and added in the rasberry one and oh my I cant smell any of the others now lol. I think its awesome daughter thinks its to strong.

All were used in ecosoya cb135 at 6%

Well I lit the lemon biscotti today after 24hr cause I couldnt stand it any more the CT was so yummy. With my wick up it seems to be doing well and the ht is good also. I could smell it in my front room where it is.

Vanilla latte' good ht as well have it in my bathroom and the smell is coming down the steps.

cool water type. not my cup of tea for a FO that I would buy but it smells good and the throw is good. Daughter really likes this one.

Tropical vanilla, getting a fuel smell with this one so will have to see if i add something else to it if it helps.

Let us know if adding something helps with this one. I really like the smell of this (OOB & CT) but the fuel smell while burning was awful.

Also wondering if anyone has had luck wicking the Andes thin mint. I wicked up 2 sizes from my norm and still gave me trouble. Tried a diff type wick and seems ok (not great) so far but the size of the wick ,IMO, seems huge. The CT & HT is amazing but after a couple burns the flames keep wanting to die.

Let us know if adding something helps with this one. I really like the smell of this (OOB & CT) but the fuel smell while burning was awful.

Also wondering if anyone has had luck wicking the Andes thin mint. I wicked up 2 sizes from my norm and still gave me trouble. Tried a diff type wick and seems ok (not great) so far but the size of the wick ,IMO, seems huge. The CT & HT is amazing but after a couple burns the flames keep wanting to die.

The only wick I could get to work in Andes is a cotton, I used a 62C in a 3 1/8" container. Only a few scents require the 62C and this was one of them...Lemon Biscotti is another.

Can't help with the Trop Vanilla...got a fuel smell myself...I think this one is great for melts and wickless, but I don't like it wicked.

I made a pillar (4625) and used a 30 ply flat braid. I love the HT, other than it takes over the whole house and I can't test anything else :laugh2: . Also Bert's warm vanilla sugar has a great hot throw and takes over the whole house. Love them both:yay:

Can't help with the Trop Vanilla...got a fuel smell myself...I think this one is great for melts and wickless, but I don't like it wicked.

I added some pineapple to it, and didn't get a fuel smell. Smells like C&S Island Paradise. Everyone loves that FO, but I could never get it to burn right. It always smoked, no matter what % FO or what wick I used.

So...with Bert's Tropical Vanilla, I added some pineapple...and voila, it burns good and smells just like Island Paradise.

HTH,

Shari