Must haves from Alabaster

dirtybirdsoaps

I wouldn't buy from them. Their customer service sucks. A couple years ago I bought a bunch of tins. They arrived all dinged up. They wouldn't take them back and only offered me partial credit to buy something else. Needless to say, I never did buy anything else. There's many excellent suppliers out there so I chose not to do business with them anymore.

I wouldn't buy from them. Their customer service sucks. A couple years ago I bought a bunch of tins. ...

They might have actually improved since then. :confused:

I've never had any problems with their customer service. I have used some FO's that are very nice, but I wouldn't label any as "must have". In side by side tests, theirs usually come out weaker.

They might have actually improved since then. :confused:

I've never had any problems with their customer service. I have used some FO's that are very nice, but I wouldn't label any as "must have". In side by side tests, theirs usually come out weaker.

They could have, but doubtful. That was the straw that broke the camel's back with them for me. The quality of their fragrances that I tried were just so-so. To many other GOOD suppliers out there.

dirtybirdsoaps - you should give Peak's a shot. They have excellent fragrances oils.

They could have, but doubtful. That was the straw that broke the camel's back with them for me. The quality of their fragrances that I tried were just so-so. To many other GOOD suppliers out there.

dirtybirdsoaps - you should give Peak's a shot. They have excellent fragrances oils.

Thank you for the advice. I use many of Peaks f.o.'s but I bought a sample of Alabasters Nectarine & honey on here and I LOVE IT. Id love to find another supplier since I havent used alabaster for the fact that they dont give you shipping up front and dont use paypal. Do you know of somewhere else that has that fo and is B & B safe? Ive tried searching but havent found many Nectarine scents......but that combo is great.

Try Sola's. They have the Nectarine Blossom and Honey. I haven't tried that one from Sola's but I've tried about a dozen other of her FO's and every single one of the them are strong throwers. It looks like the Nectarine Blossom and Honey is B&B safe also. They also have great customer service.

http://www.solascandle.com/FragranceOils3.aspx

Since they're in Alabama, I've tried quite a few of their FOs and probably my very favorite is Black Raspberry Vanilla. (With Peak's sterling reputation and good fragrances, I was very surprised to find that I much preferred Alabaster's BRV over Peak's.)

Another customer favorite is Love Spell--I don't personally care for it but lots of customers love it.

And I think the reason I first tried them is because I read so many recommendations for their Birthday Cake (on the old Scent Review board that is no longer around)--it's still one of my best sellers, even after about 5 years of using it.

HTH,

Jane

I love their Amish Harvest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is awesome and throws excellent in soy! There are not too many fos that I get from them but the others are honeysuckle, creme brulee, Lilac, but you have to try their amish harvest, it sells so good for me in the fall! its the best ive smelled and their fos have excellent prices.

I get most of my scents from Alabaster since I am within driving distance. Some of my best sellers are Kudzu, Love Spell, Pomergranate, Peach, Magnolia, Blueberry Muffin.

I also have been pleased with their customer service. Mike has always been a big help and takes the time to answer my questions no matter how "dumb".

I haven't ordered much from them, either, mainly due to the shipping cost issue. When I order, I like to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck. If I see that I can add another bottle or two without the shipping going up, I will usually do so. On the other hand, if I find that one bottle pushed me up into a higher increment, I'll weed one out. With suppliers who don't give shipping up front, that's not possible.

I use Alabaster a lot mainly because I'm in driving distance as well. They have many great fragrances...my favorites are peach magnolia rasberry, mulled cider, birthday cake, kudzu, blueberry pie, and fresh linen. I agree with carol m...they need to include shipping on their website (even though I can pick mine up). The owner Todd told me they are working on updating that area of their website now. I've had great customer service from Alabaster. I also use peak for some fragrances.

• 3 weeks later...

They were one of the first companies I tried out with fo's. They're super speedy to ship -- I always got my order in two days and I always ordered on the weekends, so big thumbs up for that!

As for scents that I enjoy--

Bergamot & Spruce

Jade

Kudzu

Issey Miyake

Red Tea & Cyprus

Blackberry Sage

And quite a few others. There has only been a couple that I have not been fond of. So in comparison, they have some wonderful oils and are underrated (imo).

• Asian Spice
  • Banana Nut Bread
  • Butter Scotch
  • Butter Sugar Pecan
  • Butterscotch Amaretto
  • Christmas Candy
  • Christmas Wreath
  • Coffee Shop
  • English Christmas
  • First Bloom
  • Fresh N Clean
  • Ginger & Fig
  • Hot Fudge Brownie
  • Mint Leaf & Chamomile
  • Mulberry Falls
  • Noel
  • Orange Chocolate
  • Peppermint Christmas
  • Red Tea and Cypress
  • Spinach & Fennel
  • Tangerine & Tonic
  • Tomato Type

Anyone tried these? Actually not the Banana Nut Bread, cause I have tried that and it's acceptable, but I'm still looking for the best.