Soy wax with the highest FO load is GB 444?

it's best to find a wax/wick/FO/container combo that works instead of maxing out FO, IMO. I've found that maxing FO out only leads to a whole new set of problems...

Adding UA to soy will up the FO amount allowed, and since the 444 already has UA in it, that's why the FO load is a bit higher. Adding BW gives a bit of boost, as well as slowing down the burn a bit. There are many ways to go instead of maxing out FO... and in the long run, if you are planing on selling (which I'm assuming you are from your gung-ho posts), maxing out FO will eventually be more expensive for you.

I don't understand why you want that high of a FO load. Besides the fact that it drives up pouring costs significantly, FO is one of the ingredients that cause many problems with soy wax and should be used as sparingly as possible to ensure good consistency and cosmetic appearance.

C3 (for one) has great hot throw without amping up the load past 1 oz. per pound... If you are having problems with hot throw, perhaps the trouble lies with wicking, the FO itself, etc. rather than the amount of FO in the wax. HTH :)

I don't know, Stella... Biology was my science of choice, not chemistry. I've never added it, but I've worked with 444 a lot. I don't like playing mad scientist with wax. I'm not big on attempting concoctions with UA, vybar, crisco, butter, milk, eggs or sugar. I figure if I have too many variables, I have too many things that a. can't be replicated should I find a combination that works and b. can go wrong. I've played with adding BW and paraffin, but that's as far as my laboratory goes other than testing different waxes and mixing them.

Candlemaker74... I'm a smart ass, I'm rude, I'm sarcastic... but I know how to do a search and do research on my own. I'll take you for what you are: a gung-ho new chandler. You take me for what I am: a rude bitch.

It must be awful to be a "rude bitch" ......life must suck for the person who feels they have seize any opportunity to be rude. what do you do hang out in the forums waiting for any chance to be RUDE.....

Do not worry candlemaker not everyone on this board is rude....and the ones that are rude are probably just insecure about something, maybe even a new chandler. I actually think this board is one of the better forums I have found but i guess there is always one in the bunch who is RUDE.

Thanks Top! I'll do some homework tonight! :)

Tereasa, I am with you on that... the more things go into the melt pot, the more stuff there is to go wrong. I was ummmm.... playing pinball when I should have been in chemistry class, but I TRY to study up on this stuff so I can understand when things go wrong and why... Mr. Murphy is ALWAYS waiting for me to give him an opportunity to rear his little head...:tongue2: The best thing about shooting oneself in the foot is when ya stop. :tongue2:

I dont think she was being rude....It is just that so many people come on here and make candles for 2 months and think they are ready to go out and get rich....Many of us on here have been making candles for YEARS and spent ALOT of money and have done alot of research before even thinking about selling.

It takes time to perfect a candle.....I have been making them since 2000 and I still have problems now and then. I started off with soy and got lucky that the first wax I tried worked for me....I moved out West and had to find a new supplier so it was back to the drawing board again.

Anyway, sometimes it is frusterating to see people just jump in and start selling....when your cusomers get bad candles....it makes us all look bad.

Give yourself time to perfect your craft and ENJOY the creativity that comes with candle making and then worry about selling.

Just my 2 cents....:tiptoe: :tiptoe:

tootie

I can understand everyone's frustration when a newbie comes along and thinks it is sooo easy.... to be honest I was one of those until I started doing lots and lots and lots of research.

Now I would never let a candle leave my sight until I am 100% sure it is quality. Afterall it does have my name all over it. I have been testing and testing keeping a very detailed log book. My husband and I both come from a strong retail background we know that we have to have a quality product for it to sell. I now know that you can't just make a candle and start selling....

I just think that there are so many ways to say something without being plain rude. There are so many other ways to get your point across.

:) :) :)

Lysa

I can understand everyone's frustration when a newbie comes along and thinks it is sooo easy.... to be honest I was one of those until I started doing lots and lots and lots of research.

Now I would never let a candle leave my sight until I am 100% sure it is quality. Afterall it does have my name all over it. I have been testing and testing keeping a very detailed log book. My husband and I both come from a strong retail background we know that we have to have a quality product for it to sell. I now know that you can't just make a candle and start selling....

I just think that there are so many ways to say something without being plain rude. There are so many other ways to get your point across.

:) :) :)

Lysa

Very well said!!:)

I use the 464 and wouldnt change a thing.

tootie

Why be frustrated with a newbie?

You were all there once...:)

It just seems that the ones that are "frustrated" are the ones that think basically - I had to learn it the hard way so you should too....

It seems to me that is the exact opposite of what this board stands for...

The newbies come here to learn to make the best candles possible, if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother...

It's all about making the best candles possible!!!

:yay:

The newbies come here to learn to make the best candles possible, if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother...

Actually we get a fair number of newbies coming through who are serious dumbasses. You don't sound like one of them and understandably you'd like to receive the benefit of the doubt, but this is just the nature of the medium. You got a little flak, but try to shrug it off for now and get over the hard feelings. Stick around and if you're dedicated to your craft you'll make your own reputation here and all will be well. Welcome to the board.

Why be frustrated with a newbie?

You were all there once...:)

It just seems that the ones that are "frustrated" are the ones that think basically - I had to learn it the hard way so you should too....

It seems to me that is the exact opposite of what this board stands for...

It's all about making the best candles possible!!!:yay:

There is a big difference between a newbie who does their research and a newbie who comes here asking for everything to be handed to them without doing ANY of their own work. From most of your questions, I put you in the second category!! If you search this site under the word 'rectangle' and leave off the word 'jar' you will find exactly the information you are looking for, with little effort. If you use the words 'rectangle candle jars' in Google, you get many suppliers listed. You need to start doing some research on your own and post your questions after you've exhausted the other avenues, then maybe you wouldn't get so much flack for being, IMO lazy!!