For those who just signed up for HCM...

guppygirl

I noticed on their site it says that setup is taking longer due to holidays/rush of new clients.

For those who've recently signed up, how long is it taking?

Just curious... I need to switch hosts asap and think HCM is where I'm going. Just wondering how long I'll be down.

I know you already got the answer via PM but I just wanted to put my comments where everyone could read them...

My site was set up virtually instantly. They had me up and running in about an hour if even that long. They were also quick at helping out with the rest of the process such as getting things added to my cart, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks interesting, is it as easy to transfer over as they suggest? I'm looking for a change as I'm a bit disappointed with the current 'package' I have, which includes sitebuilder software and templates. Do they have a decent set of generic templates, or is it a case of starting out from scratch all over again with or own design?

Does anyone have an example of a site they created using their graphics?

• 1 month later...

Bumping an old thread - I'm considering an overhaul of my site, and wondering if anyone can share a site they've used HCM for. Also, my domain name is hosted through my DSL provider. I'm not changing that, am I? (Sorry if that's a silly question, I'm a bit challenged when it comes to website stuff!)

Bumping an old thread - I'm considering an overhaul of my site, and wondering if anyone can share a site they've used HCM for. Also, my domain name is hosted through my DSL provider. I'm not changing that, am I? (Sorry if that's a silly question, I'm a bit challenged when it comes to website stuff!)

I use them too. You do not need to change who your domain is hosted through but you will need to just point it to the HCM host. not sure if that is what you call it but i got my name thru DIYdomainnames and i just had to tell them that i was using HCM.

www.justrightcandles.com

I absolutely LOVE HCM PRO. I'm obsessed w/ the "who's on-line" on tools... actually I was about to post about that in a new thread.

HCM makes it easier to track customers, allows a lot of perks for customers as well. AND I love the fact that you can ammend individual accounts.

Yep, just a monthly fee, and it's gone down! When I first signed on it was 14.99 a month and now it's 9.99 with cart and everything - a steal of a deal in my opinion! (of course if you want a merchant account that is extra with whomever you choose to do that, but most of us just use paypal to take cc's)

Customers who bought this product also purchased..

how did you get that part to work. i can not for the life of me figure it out

There are some mysteries on my site I just don't know how it is they work!!! I pretty much threw the site up and started tweaking and if I had questions I emailed Frank (poor Frank, he is probably so sick of me!)

I have put in cross sells by hand, but the other stuff just popped up as customers bought.

The who's online is nice and I love going into my cpanel and seeing how many hits I've gotten and where they came from (craftserver is always in my top 5!) It is such a great tracking tool to see where to put advertising dollars, etc.