Anyone use Enchanted Lites wax?

I had just started experimenting with Enchanted Lites wax right before I had to take an unexpected break from candle making. I remember that several of us on the old board were using EL wax and was hoping to reconnect with my fellow EL wax users. I would like to know what type of wick are you guys using? I have been experimenting with the CD's which worked fine in the past but for some reason I haven't been getting much throw with my new batch of candles. Just wondering if something has changed with the EL wax and if anyone else has had problems?

Thanks for replying guys! I am going to try one more test and see if that makes a difference. I'll post a follow up with my results.

I have both the regular and the Mellinum blend. The first time I used the EL was the regular with the modifier added, 7% FO load, and CD wicks. I only cured them for a few days. I wanted to check the wicks so I burned one a little sooner than I usually do. Expecting the FO to not be as strong as it would be with more curing time. The results were outstanding! I had one candle burning and you could smell it all over the entire house. That says alot for me because what most people consider a strong scented candle I usually consider mild or moderate. This candle was the best one I ever made and it is the reason I wanted to make candles. Being pleased with the results I placed an order for 50 pounds of wax. I followed the exact same methods I had with the first test candles(same FO load, same FO, same wicks...) but this batch of candles were horrible. You could barely smell the candle burning even up close in a small closed room. I even changed wicks - no change. I used wicks from a new package - no change. The only thing that was different was the supplier I purchased the EL wax from. I now have a small bag of the wax from the first supplier and I am going to give that a try and see if it makes a difference and also try a few with the modifier and some without. I just can't figure this one out:confused: ! I was so impressed with my first EL candles that I would even go so far as to say that they were equal if not better in quality as Y_ _ _ _ _ or Tr_ _(not sure if we can mention specfic companies). This is driving me crazy!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Greetings! I just ordered samples of the Enchanted-Lite Regular and Votive Blend. i was just wondering if anyone is still pleased with the results of their EL wax. I found a company within driving distance of me and I'm really hoping that this brand works for me. I would like to order sample wicks from WickIt but not sure what kind of samples to order. I'm looking to make 4,6,8 oz tins, tea lights, and votives. I won't be adding dyes but will definitely use FO's (CS seems to have great reviews on their FO's). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the board. I use EL Millennium (I only do containers, tarts, and tea lights) and love it. I have tried different types of wicks, but have found I like the paper wicks best. I get my EL supplies from Lorrie here on the board; www.jandlcreations.com . She also sells wicks and fragrance oils that are amazing. I haven't used the regular container wax from EL, but know the Millennium really lets you push the fragrance load; I generally use about 9%. I also use the liquid dyes from EL, and absolutely love the bright colors I can achieve without wick clogging. Lorrie is a plethora of information. When I started with EL wax, I made sure to use their FO's since they have been tested in soy. My top selling FO's that I get from Lorrie are:

Blueberry Muffin

LoveSpell (VS type)

White Cake

Lilac

Lemon Cheesecake

Cherry Almond

Vanilla (Straight Vanilla, not the French)

Peaches & Cream

Good luck, and be sure to post your progress!

Best,

Brandy

Welcome! You can order wick sample kits from many suppliers. Lone Star carries them in most available sizes of CDs and other wick types as well. WickIt is a distributor of wicks and while they will send samples to you, ordering from them requires a minimum purchase of 3,000 pieces (of the same size). Until you are certain of the wick size/type you will use, I don't think you'll be needing to order 3,000 wicks of one size & type. HTH & Good luck. :)

I've used EL for over 10 years.... container blend. I love it and wouldn't deviate from it. I use predominently Cotton Wicks. In an 8 oz mason jar I use either a 51.. or a 60.. I've always had good luck with either paper or cotton wicks. I also buy some of the votive blend that I use for clamshells...

You can order cotton wicks directly from EL... and you can also order your wax at the same time.

I use FO's from several suppliers.... Peaks, EL and General Wax.... Seldom have I found n FO that doesnt' do well in this wax.

Good luck... let us know how it goes for you...

Welcome to the board. I use EL Millennium (I only do containers, tarts, and tea lights) and love it. I have tried different types of wicks, but have found I like the paper wicks best. I get my EL supplies from Lorrie here on the board; www.jandlcreations.com .

Thanks for the info Brandy, I will check out Lorrie's site.

...ordering from them requires a minimum purchase of 3,000 pieces (of the same size). Until you are certain of the wick size/type you will use, I don't think you'll be needing to order 3,000 wicks of one size & type. HTH & Good luck. :)

Oh, my! Thanks for the heads up about the minimum order at Wick It, Stella1952. You saved me a headache. :))

I've used EL for over 10 years.... container blend. I love it and wouldn't deviate from it. I use predominently Cotton Wicks. In an 8 oz mason jar I use either a 51.. or a 60.. I've always had good luck with either paper or cotton wicks. I also buy some of the votive blend that I use for clamshells...

You can order cotton wicks directly from EL... and you can also order your wax at the same time.

I use FO's from several suppliers.... Peaks, EL and General Wax.... Seldom have I found n FO that doesnt' do well in this wax.

Good luck... let us know how it goes for you...

That information is very helpful SherriLynn I'll do look into the cotton wicks. I will have to admit, I'm a little nervous about the FO's. Just as everyone else, of course, I hope for the most banging HT.

This forum is truly a lifesaver. Watching hundreds of youtube videos on candle making is helpful but reading this forum helps me understand the background of it all.

Thanks guys and gals! Have an awesome day! :rockon:

• 2 months later...
Greetings! I just ordered samples of the Enchanted-Lite Regular and Votive Blend. i was just wondering if anyone is still pleased with the results of their EL wax. I found a company within driving distance of me and I'm really hoping that this brand works for me. I would like to order sample wicks from WickIt but not sure what kind of samples to order. I'm looking to make 4,6,8 oz tins, tea lights, and votives. I won't be adding dyes but will definitely use FO's (CS seems to have great reviews on their FO's). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WIckIt will only send samples of Premier and Superior wicks.