EcoSoya vs EZ SOY

what is the difference? what is better? what difference does a low melting point and a high melting point make?

i'm so confused and sorta frustrated! i just want to make small soy containers and theres a thousand waxes and wicks to choose from. feeling overwhelmed :(

Research will alleviate some of that frustration. Some things are just preference, some things aren't. Choices between different waxes in the same catergory is a preference thing. Choosing type of wax, ie. soy, paraffin, palm etc is preference. The melt point is not a preference. It's determined by the type of candle you want to make. Low melt point waxes are for containers. High melt point waxes are generally for hurricanes/cut & carve, etc. From low to high... containers, votives, tarts, pillars, tapers, hurricanes. This is just general, not an exact rule.

As for the difference between those two specific waxes, I can't say, since I don't use soy...

what is the difference? what is better? what difference does a low melting point and a high melting point make?

i'm so confused and sorta frustrated! i just want to make small soy containers and theres a thousand waxes and wicks to choose from. feeling overwhelmed :(

It's soy wax. The difference is the problems you will have to overcome or ignore depending on which you choose.

Don't even bother asking these questions because each soy wax has it's adherents who will say the wax works awesomely for them and they don't care about [insert fatal flaw that someone else would hate]. Either that or all they have to do is add "eye of newt" and it works perfectly.

Just pick one and see how you like it. I'd say maybe go with the EZ Soy. A lot of people like that one and maybe it won't bother you that it can frost like a mofo. If you might prefer a different problem try something else.

First off Alycia, we need a little background on you. LOL... :wink2:

Have you made candles before? There really is no such thing as a high meltpoint soy. I would seriously consider doing some research in the Veggie Section of this board. Soy can be a bit trickier than paraffin. Most soy suppliers offer alot of information and instructions about their soy.

I would highly recommend purchasing a starter kit before you make any large purchases. Here is a link to a good one:

http://www.mcsoywax.com/candlekits.htm

Both of the waxes you mentioned are soy waxes. It is all a matter of preference which wax you choose. I have tried three different soy waxes until I finally settled on EZSoy. Soy wax is a bugger as far as frosting, wet spots and wicking but once you overcome some of those flaws, you may find you really like it. Or you may find you can never get past those aggrevations and want to move on to paraffin or some other wax. The best advice I can give you is buy some samples of each, give them a try, and go from there. Good luck and happy candle making! :D