Has anyone here ever used Golden Brand's 435?

I always use Golden Brand's 464, and found out today that my supplier is out of stock! Tomorrow was my last chance to pick up supplies before valentines. otherwise I will have to make another trip and gas.......Anyway, They suggested that I try 435. They said it is the same thing as 464 only with cottonseed oil added. I am nervous about trying something different at the last minute. how similiar are they? Anyone use 435?:shocked2:

meredean, did you try 464 as well? I really like 464 because its easy to work with. But your saying you still liked 435 better? One pour, nothing to add, etc.? I don't care about frosting.....I'm in hillybilly land and the only thing we care about is smell, smell, smell! I was told that 435 had a better scent throw than 464 but I was wondering if that was because you can add more fo? I don't want to have to add more fo to get good scent throw.........too wasteful it seems. I really appreciate your answer so quick. i gotta let them know by morning. That means only tonights posts will help me decide!!!!!

Guest meredean

Sorry Im late..lol but yeah Ive tried the 464, and i like the look but the scent throw hot & cold wasn't as good as the 435 but thats JMO Im sure others will say different!

well i bought some to try. will let you know what i think the difference is between 435 and 464. i am gonna try mixing them also......? I have tried calling jason at golden brands with my questions about 435.......no luck. I have called several times and he never answers the phone and when I leave a message he never returns my calls! What is the deal? I thought he was a great rep!? maybe I'm not saying the right thing? any suggestions? I would really like to know SOMETHING about this wax before I dive in.............

I am testing all the golden brands right now.. the 444, 464, 435, and 415, so far I am liking the 435 the best for looks and ct/ht, then the 444 (if I pour around 98 degrees, not 120-145 like they recommend) 415 has a great ct/ht but frosts like CRAZY. I am wanting to stay with the golden brands because so far they all seem to have a better scent throw than the other waxes I am testing (Eco SoyaCBA, Joy wax). Well I still have to light these up to see how they burn but so far that is what I am liking. More results to come......more and more testing YEAH!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried my 435 today...............one thing that drove me nuts was the waiting to pour at a cooler temp. With the 464 Icould pour as hot as 140, but usually waited till 125. I already can't remember what Jason said to pour the 435 at?......... I tried 125, 115 and less. I guess i will now see how different the wicking is than 464..............:tiptoe:

• 1 month later...

This thread is now old, but this is how long it took me to get good results! The breakthru was when Sharon suggested I try the coconut oil! It has helped alot! To be honest I can't say that this wax has better throw than the 464, but I have just now gotten several scents wicked, so maybe.........? Oh I forgot this good thing....you can use less fo in this wax for same scent throw....so that is very good! One thing is for sure........IMO this wax needs time to cure! So much better after that! Wick wise I would have to say I like the eco and cd wicks best but have not tried the cdn's . And I can't get vanilla to throw in this wax.....any advice?Also having trouble with cinnamon! Is there something these 2 scents have in common? Am I crazy or could it be a fact that a really good FO will throw in any wax, but cheaper oils will throw in a selective amount of waxes?

I am testing all the golden brands right now.. the 444, 464, 435, and 415, so far I am liking the 435 the best for looks and ct/ht, then the 444 (if I pour around 98 degrees, not 120-145 like they recommend) 415 has a great ct/ht but frosts like CRAZY. I am wanting to stay with the golden brands because so far they all seem to have a better scent throw than the other waxes I am testing (Eco SoyaCBA, Joy wax). Well I still have to light these up to see how they burn but so far that is what I am liking. More results to come......more and more testing YEAH!

Did you get much frost with the 444? I need to find an additional soy for another line -- new colored line. I have some 464 coming and hope it like it but was wondering how the 444 and 464 compare. I cannot use my current soy in colored candles -- frost galore. I have an old sample of the 444 but I think it was reformulated since then. I tried the Accu 10 but there is a jar adhesion problem and when the meltpool gets going it seeps between the glass and the rest of the wax -- like it is dripping down. No frost but that looks ugly to me after it burns. So, still looking. :undecided

This thread is now old, but this is how long it took me to get good results! The breakthru was when Sharon suggested I try the coconut oil! It has helped alot! To be honest I can't say that this wax has better throw than the 464, but I have just now gotten several scents wicked, so maybe.........? Oh I forgot this good thing....you can use less fo in this wax for same scent throw....so that is very good! One thing is for sure........IMO this wax needs time to cure! So much better after that! Wick wise I would have to say I like the eco and cd wicks best but have not tried the cdn's . And I can't get vanilla to throw in this wax.....any advice?Also having trouble with cinnamon! Is there something these 2 scents have in common? Am I crazy or could it be a fact that a really good FO will throw in any wax, but cheaper oils will throw in a selective amount of waxes?

Was the CO for the 444 to help with scent throw, frost or tops? Does the 464 takes less cure time to you than the 444? If it does, than I may prefer the 464. I am not very patient waiting for a scent throw. :o

I used the co for scent throw , but it did make a major difference in the smoothness and frosting. I poured cool ,100. With the 464 I poured 140, always smooth, can't remember about frosting. To me the 435 takes longer to cure. I wait 5 days before testing and some scents don't have much throw until 2 weeks! The 464 I could test in 24 to 48 hrs, but did have some scents that still needed 2 weeks. The co makes the wax harder, so if you add more than a tsp , you may have to wick up. The 464 is a very creamy wax....easy to wick.......if you had the opportunity to slowly gather scents that worked good in this wax .....then I would say use 464. 435 is SUPPOSE to have better scent throw with more fo's but I haven't proved that yet.......hoping to though... Here are 3 scents that were killer in the 464 for me.....(N. GA. mountains) Sweet Patchouli and Coconut Lime from Bluegrass and Blueberry Cobbler Special from Bittercreek North.Oh and Cinnamon from wicks,wax, scents. Scent that didn't work good in 464 was Hot Apple Pie (wicks, waxs , scents)and some trouble with spicy vanilla....I'm thinking the oils have a lot to do with it.............but the co sure helped with the 435.