Ready for DD wedding

gerrie

Two weeks ago I didn't think I'd ever be ready, but I fianlly have everything done, with 3 whole days to spare, talk about waiting till the last minute to get things done :rolleyes2 . 45 prs of flip flop M&P soaps for favors, and unity candle is finished. Other daughter who got married needed 120 pr of flip flops, so this was an easy one. I used every last bit of soap thatr was in my pyrex cup when I was done and ended up with the multi layered soap, which I really like. Wish I had done them all like that, but only ended up with 3 of them:laugh2: I did a lot of different bright colors, but they are packed away, only these "problem" soaps are left so that's all I could take a picture of.

Unity candle turned out pretty good, wish the decal wasn't so noticable, but I don't think there's much you can do about that, besides trimming much closer to the printing than I did.

Leaving Saturday for Miami, sailing out on Sunday, and DD will be married on Grand Cayman 7 mile beach the 22nd. Wish us luck getting to Miami, never know this time of year what Mother Nature may throw our way.

post-377-139458440491_thumb.jpg

post-377-139458440495_thumb.jpg

post-377-139458440498_thumb.jpg

Those flip flops are adorable! I love the little layered one. The candle is beautiful -one of these days I'll learn how to do those (and I wish I would have had one at my wedding, only about 10 years too late for that! lol)

Have a safe trip!

I love the layered flip flops as well, but know just how much work they are and can't imagine doing all of them (45 pair) like that, so you did good! :D

the unity candle is really nice, beautiful saying!

How fun for you to get out of your freeeeeeezin' tundra, into the warm sunshine. The weather is gonna be perfect for your trip (thinking positive for ya!) :D

How exciting!

Those flip flops are just tooooooooooooo darn cute. You have been a busy girl. The unity candle looks beautiful. You are just being a little critical because you made it. Everyone else will ooooh and aaaah.....have a safe trip and enjoy the weather. I am looking out at snow right now....ugh.....Donita

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. If it was my unity candle I wouldn't have used the swarvoski (sp?) crystals like that, but they are on DD's wedding dress so she wanted to tie it all together. Plus I was surprised at the price of those little darn crystals, but hey, it's her wedding and it's what she wanted. Seems since she got the dress everything has to be "bling" now, if it doesn't have "bling" it's just not going to work :laugh2:

comforscents, I use Avery.com for everything, so I just inserted the words that DD wanted and printed it out onto the decal paper.

Gerrie, the unity candle is fantastic. Every girl deserves a little bling on her special day. And those flip flops are just too cute. Hope you have a safe trip to Miami. Once you get on that boat you are on easy street. To late to do anything else so just relax and enjoy the trip.