PA Gathering ~ Any Interest?

Abbiepql

Gauging serious interest in a Candle/Bath & Body/Soap Makers Gathering near Pittsburgh, PA on Saturday - July 19th.

We don't have all the specific details YET, in advanced planning phase, but we had a lot of interest last year when we brought it up on various boards from perspective attendees and suppliers. We have a hotel location - Washington, PA and an estimate for cost. We even have some speakers and demo ideas.

What I need is...to know how many would be sincerely interested before I pay deposits. Please PM me and let me know if you are interested, I am thinking cost of $40 individual or $60 per couple (same biz)? Includes coffee/pastry for meet & greet and hot lunch buffet.

If you PM me, please include in your PM any requests, demo ideas, co-ops, swaps, if you are willing to help out, etc. I need to know as soon as possible, as there is tons of work involved in putting these together. We have some

experienced team players and other willing to learn!

We want a class act! One of those fun & interesting gatherings everyone walks away from being motivated, and inspired! We are thinking 60 attendees. As soon as I have at least 40 seriously interested we will get a website up, start paying deposits, contacting sponsors, scheduling speakers, lining up demos and putting everything together.

Thanks for your interest ~ Abbie:-)

If we are forced to change the day - I will make sure you know! It's really hard to plan things in the summer with all the holidays and then so many of the meeting places have "weddings" taking place for their rooms.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the date seem so far away, but we have had quite a bit of interest and securing anything in a nice place with a ballroom and food is almost impossible in the summer unless you act early. But things are falling into place nicely. The ladies that have offered to help and those giving us suggestions, ideas and input has been really great. It looks to be a really great time! And for those of you in mid to eastern Ohio, it's not a long drive! I have some interested in VA, MD and WV that might be carpooling with me!

You girls wont be dissapointed! I have been to several Candle/soap gatherings/conventions and I have not regretted a single one! To be honest, I dont usually learn a whole lot from the demos...but it is the networking and gathering of information from all the participants that I use. Not to mention is is usually a great time!

I have been to ones in OH, NY, IL & TX. We usually have the most fun in the hotel!

I know what you mean Steph. It's so hard to schedule events in the summer. Not only do people have tons of plans but then getting a meeting place - URG - weddings everywhere and family reunions. We tried to pick a good date, but like everything else...it's always not going to work for some. It sure would be nice to have you with us if your schedule allows.

SYR, you were the first person I thought of when the location was chosen! I did not know for sure, but I thought you were not too far away.

Hi Abbie ~

I would love to be there! It sounds like a lot of fun and I could use the inspiration of all you experienced chandlers, too, lol! I have to iron out the schedule with DH, but I hope to be there.

Thanks for working so hard on this, Abbie! :yay:

GMP ~ I need to talk to you! Can you give me a call. I had your # but recently lost my cell and therefore all my numbers! Oh...and my fingers are sore from typing so I would rather chat withcha!

Hugs ~ Me

Will do. We have some catching up to do! :)

P.S. Sorry to hear about your cell phone. I hate when that happens!!